Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 06:24 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Can't connect back unto the server?

So, I was playing on the Blue server, and decided to start up a dark elf necro just to try. Everything seemed normal, so I went out of Neriak to start killing stuff in the forest. When it logs in, the entire world is blank and everyone is falling through the floor. I have never encountered a glitch like that through my whole time playing, since I couldn't really move (or could tell that I was moving) I logged off thinking that could fix it or at least allow me to get back in and figure out what to do next. But ever since logging off the game has not allowed me to enter back into the server. I type in the username and password and it sits there for a moment thinking about it and then it stops, like it can't connect me back. I'm stuck and not really sure what to do at this point, any suggestions?

*Edit, was able to get back on, but didn't dare test the dark elf in case I encountered the glitch again* *Everything seems alright so far, but the whole world glitching out like that was still very weird.*
Last edited by GrumpyBean; 01-06-2019 at 06:49 PM.. Reason: New info
Old 01-06-2019, 09:44 PM
Planar Protector

You are better off posting this in technical discussion section of forum. However you'll need to probably let folks know more technical info, such as if you properly replaced the nek forest file, verify you are using titanium client, maybe some OS information, display settings, etc.

Since others aren't having this problem widespread it is most likely something with your setup.
Old 01-07-2019, 04:02 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are better off posting this in technical discussion section of forum. However you'll need to probably let folks know more technical info, such as if you properly replaced the nek forest file, verify you are using titanium client, maybe some OS information, display settings, etc.

Since others aren't having this problem widespread it is most likely something with your setup.
Alright, I'll certainly keep that in mind in the future, also I bet it had something to do with the nek forest file, because when I checked it it wasn't properly replaced like the other files were. Woops
Old 01-07-2019, 05:37 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like this can be moved to resolved then [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-08-2019, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

There is no evidence in this thread to indicate, in either direction, whether this is a feature or a bug.

It is the responsibility of the public, not the staff, to present evidence which proves a change classic. It is then the responsibility of the staff, not the public, to determine whether or not it is a change that should be made.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-08-2019, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no evidence in this thread to indicate, in either direction, whether this is a feature or a bug.

It is the responsibility of the public, not the staff, to present evidence which proves a change classic. It is then the responsibility of the staff, not the public, to determine whether or not it is a change that should be made.

Hope this helps.
Option A: help a confused new poster who posted in bugs instead of technical discussion

Option B: give said new poster a lecture on what they're doing wrong that has no relevance to them whatsoever, because even if they were actually filing a bug their problem has nothing whatsoever to do with evidence

Option B), solid choice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 01-08-2019 at 05:04 PM..
Old 01-08-2019, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Option A: help a confused new poster who posted in bugs instead of technical discussion

Option B: give said new poster a lecture on what they're doing wrong that has no relevance to them whatsoever, because even if they were actually filing a bug their problem has nothing whatsoever to do with evidence

Solid choice.
You clearly didn’t read the post. He obviously did not follow the installation guide and as such is encountering a very common issue. Common knowledge to this point indicates that it is not a bug, but an error on his part; however, if he can provide evidence that he game should not function in this way, a change could be made and he would not have to do anything.

Hope this helps.