Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 05:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Trizz' toon on the far right
Hehehe I get it, because I'm a Nahzzeee!
Old 04-22-2019, 05:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I suspect it's less about the law and just the country of where the physical servers are located. The USA of course being one of the staunchest to support intellectual property, so it's easy to shut things down here.
The EU was after them because it was rumored they still had the old database of client information.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

RIP fetal death
Old 04-22-2019, 09:14 PM
Orc

I was looking forward to trying it out. I never played it, and thought it looked fun.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huc11 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was looking forward to trying it out. I never played it, and thought it looked fun.
There some similar games that are free to play like DC universe online and champions online.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:11 PM
Banned

They're saying there's a good chance they'll be back up and online

but now the mods are splitting up in Discord.

One side is calling the other "transphobic".

This project failed hard.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Apparently it's up and running again according to reddit.
Old 04-24-2019, 01:27 PM
Banned

Yep, up and live. Playing it right now. Good day to call in sick.

It's a temporary server though, while they work on the permanent one.
Old 04-24-2019, 01:40 PM
Kobold

Can someone please leak the original source code for SWG? The 2nd best MMO of all time.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:25 PM
Fire Giant

Yup. There's a temporary server that's up right now for people to play on. I did some digging and met the right people and discovered the full story of what went down, and holy crap is it a funny mess. A lot of lies were told to the playerbase, too, but whatever.

A build of the game based off of issue 24 which is absolutely legitimate retail code from top to bottom is being created right now. Disseminate and Manic Coder are complete gods with the work they're pouring into it. This issue 24 build will be what Innocuous ends up running. It could be finished in a week, two weeks, or in the absolute worst case scenario, a month from now.

A build of the game that runs issue 25 with all of the Beta and custom content tha was developed by Leandro's team of SCORE is what people are playing on now with the temp server. I believe that either Leandro or someone close to him will be running a public version of this private server build. This temporary server which is available right now will be taken down, and the Leandro / Associate server will come up soon after as its own project.

The important take away from all of this are a few things. The "talks" with NCSoft was pure bullcrap. It was a delay tactic. Completely ignore that. The Issue 24 build that Manic Coder & crew are going to finish will be fully released on torrent for the world to have. Up to 14 coders that are doing the job have sworn to that outcome. An additional version of this legit i24 build will be altered to run on someone's computer solo, but that's a secondary goal.

If you need a game fix right away, visit the discord and follow the instructions in the announcement section. -- https://discord.gg/rMHtC2
Closed Thread