Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 07:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How long was it before the patch where you could see what your party members looted? If they make that accurate in you just have to be the fastest ninja looter and no one will know.
Seriously? That wasn't in from Day 1? That is going to lead to some serious sh-t, LOL

"Nothing to loot here!" says Ninjaboy as the corpse evaporates into thin air...
Old 10-03-2019, 07:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilstoniakrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously? That wasn't in from Day 1? That is going to lead to some serious sh-t, LOL

"Nothing to loot here!" says Ninjaboy as the corpse evaporates into thin air...
Nope, and when you /consent for corpse drag the person could loot your corpse.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:12 PM
Kobold

I feel like both the /consent for corpse looting and the ninja looting were oversights by Verant that were quickly resolved as GMs being spammed with ninja-loot reports was a big problem. I remember, back in the day, people were ninja looting raid drops, porting out, and then going through a good old-fashioned pickpocket handoff process to disappear the item for sale on the black market.
Old 10-04-2019, 01:54 AM
Kobold

Greed always, anything else is just some guy trying to scam you out of your loot rights.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niedar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Greed always, anything else is just some guy trying to scam you out of your loot rights.
This unless its a guild group. Or maybe a greed roll if you can use the item.
Old 10-04-2019, 04:24 AM
Fire Giant

In the early days it will be balls deep greed. You're a rogue in a group with just casters using a rusty spork as a weapon and a shiny dagger drops?

Tough. Any money i bet every person in the group will roll for it to sell in the EC tunnel.

Fair? Probably not but you can bet your ass there will be melee rolling on their staffs/robes who will chuckle with delight at the revenge.

I think people will be like Ferengi in the first month and just out for ACQUISITIONS
Old 10-04-2019, 07:43 AM
Sarnak

First memory I have of this game was my watching my bro grouping on his paladin in Cazic Thule a few months after launch. He was meditating with the book, some shady dude in group looted the steel golem and said he dropped nothing which he didn’t believe. The whole game looked magical to me.
Old 10-04-2019, 07:45 AM
Sarnak

Maybe the best remedy for high value camps is the designated looter is streaming and everyone can watch the watch the stream.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe the best remedy for high value camps is the designated looter is streaming and everyone can watch the watch the stream.
#notclassic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Old 10-04-2019, 08:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliverator [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like both the /consent for corpse looting and the ninja looting were oversights by Verant that were quickly resolved as GMs being spammed with ninja-loot reports was a big problem.
Closed Thread