Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

I liked the class. A melee pet class was needed and so was an animal themed pet class. The SK wasnt quite right for that, even if its pets could have used a bump.

Beastlords were the home run in Luclin.
Old 10-04-2019, 11:54 AM
Sarnak

Yeah I did enjoy my beastlord, probably the funnest class I leveled back in the day.
Old 10-04-2019, 11:55 AM
Sarnak

I recently created a Beastlord on another server because I was curious to see how the class plays. I chose Vah Shir for the race because.... kitty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I like the class so far. I know people here like to shit on Luclin (and I totally understand the disdain for certain features like Nexus, Bazaar, etc) but just strictly looking at Beastlord as a class I don't see anything wrong with it. It's a fun hybrid of Shaman and Monk and feels pretty classic in that way.

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Old 10-04-2019, 01:28 PM
Sarnak

I think I still have my lvl 95 Bst account info somewhere. Was a fun class to level. Really wish I rolled Iksar, but moon cat with purple flame knuckleduster House of Thule raid gear looked pretty cool I guess.

I really can’t remember my thoughts on them @ time of release, but I think they’d be a pretty OP class on p99. Their epic 1.0 already sneezed on many of the others, as it had to keep pace with Luclin mobs (exB: Greenmist). You basically just give a monk the ranger epic, with slightly debugged shaman spells to boot. The synthesis of monk and shaman would probably just extinguish the flame of esprit de corps that keeps the server going.

Just my two cp.
Old 10-04-2019, 04:09 PM
Sarnak

I played a beastlord on agnarr for awhile and I really liked the class. AAs are cool to idk why people always crap on luclin. The new models are terrible but you don't have to play with them on and honestly who likes siting in the tunnel for hours trying to sell your stuff lmao. Bazaar is actually a cool quality of life improvement imo.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blueeepinya
Old 10-04-2019, 04:16 PM
Kobold

At least with the bazaar it created an inventory you could shop and browse. I have a limited playtime. Do I wanna play the game? Or do I wanna spend hours in the tunnel trying to find an item that isn't available?

With the exception of the space aliens, I loved everything about Luclin.

And before the closed minded bullies here start firing off about it not being classic, IT WAS! Brad himself did 75% of the expansion before he sold out. Yes, 75% was Brad. Look up the history. It was totally his vision.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 10-04-2019, 05:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never got high level with em but I liked the concept. Little gators and bears and scaled wolves was cool.

Unlike beserker.... those were fucking pointless af.
Berserkers are currently the premiere DPS class in the game on Live.

But that's literally all they can do.

But it's a REALLY BIG ALL.
Old 10-04-2019, 05:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhord99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think I still have my lvl 95 Bst account info somewhere. Was a fun class to level. Really wish I rolled Iksar, but moon cat with purple flame knuckleduster House of Thule raid gear looked pretty cool I guess.

I really can’t remember my thoughts on them @ time of release, but I think they’d be a pretty OP class on p99. Their epic 1.0 already sneezed on many of the others, as it had to keep pace with Luclin mobs (exB: Greenmist). You basically just give a monk the ranger epic, with slightly debugged shaman spells to boot. The synthesis of monk and shaman would probably just extinguish the flame of esprit de corps that keeps the server going.

Just my two cp.
Probably the Beastlords that were introduced in Luclin wouldn't work, but the niche they fill now, after much smoothing out, would be fine, just fine.
Old 10-04-2019, 05:16 PM
Fire Giant

I liked beastlords. I just think they should of made the Kerra Isle kerrans the "cat people" and Kerra Isle their town, not some moon city with space cats.
Old 10-04-2019, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Unhappy

We need more moon cats on p99, tbh.
Closed Thread