Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 12:42 PM
Skeleton

Default Ogre SK..another IDK what to do gear thread.

This is my first toon to get up to mid level, almost 27, on P99 thus I have meager resources. Being a solo character, I have considered re-rolling as a Troll for regen to maximize possible up time. I understand level is faster while grouped and that another class would be more effective at soloing. The challenge of leveling as a solo SK was appealing to me.

That being said I have been able to obtain some decent gear by saving plat, a few gifts, and some loots. I accumulated enough plat while leveling in SK which bought my Darkforge pieces. I am again saving for my next upgrades, but I realized that the Circlet of shadow may be nerfed/replace soon.

My over all question would be: given my situation and limited resources, should I save for the Circlet of Shadow or forgo it and upgrade my lacking pieces? I appreciate any input, and apologize for the additional generic Ogre/SK post.

Current Gear:
2str rings,
sta earrings,
split paw pieces,
darkforge (bp, shoulders, boots),
Dark Mail Gauntlets,
Mithril 2hder,
Sword of Skyfire,
Cracked Darkwood Shield,
Misc Large Banded.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:38 PM
Sarnak

CoS is a nice luxury item that gives you a lord of the rings kind of feel, where you can slip in and out of visibility easily. makes you feel like a super villain, but its something you should only get as the nerf approcahes. maybe you can even farm it before that point.

the items you should be focusing on are AC/HP/STA/INT/Mana/STR pretty much in that order. soloing as a SK becomes highly difficult as you level up, esp after 35-40. It's not a fun challenge and is better in trio groups.

stuff like 55 hp rings come to mind.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:01 AM
Sarnak

If you are soloing, the priority investment is the best damage weapon you can afford. Kill time + recovery time is what controls your advancement. A better weapon makes the first bit smaller. Fear kiting (spending mana as a resource more than hp) makes the second bit smaller, because you regain mana faster than you gain hp, and it doesn't take much mana to complete a kill versus the amount of hp it takes to tank the mob down solo.

HP are good, Mana is good, AC is good, but none of them will help you level faster to the same degree that the best weapon you can afford will.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:02 AM
Planar Protector

Don't solo if you can avoid it... if you want to solo in the "SK" style, just make a necro and do it harder/faster/better/stronger/etc - it'll really bite later on in the 50s.

CoS is essential, not just "a good idea".
jboots as well when you can buy them. Questing them on the SK is going to take longer particularly in OOT because you won't be killing placeholders as quick as most classes do.

Some of the dark forge armor is good to have and they're often found in the tunnel...look up the pieces on the wiki.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:49 AM
Skeleton

I finally acquired a CoS a couple days ago. I have made it to lvl 30 almost 31, and did actually roll a necro. I have been playing the necro some here and there. I may end up swapping to the necro as my main, but for now I have been doing some small groups and mostly soloing.

I appreciate all the advice everyone has given.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:57 AM
Fire Giant

For a little more, you could upgrade the Darkforge Armor to crustacean shell armor. You only lose a couple points in AC but gain a lot of health. It comes down to preference really.
Closed Thread