Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by seratt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I need to do this. About to ding 40 and still running around with no shoes and missing other gear. *shrug*
You should definitely get the boots: insta-click SoW is more awesome than you'd expect, and it's not hard to get the help to take out Black Dire (I think certain classes, maybe Mages?, can solo it, but otherwise you only need 2-3 level 60s; no matter when you play there's probably a few bored and kind level 60s who would happily help).

But as for your other slots, I think you're doing exactly the right thing. The only gear that really matters in EQ is haste gear, regen gear, and clickies. Everything else has a relatively minor impact by comparison, so if you wasted time filling those slots you'd lose time leveling, and whatever items you got would not at all make up for that lost time. And then when you hit 60 the world is your oyster as far as farming whatever gear you want.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-11-2018 at 04:40 PM..
Old 09-12-2018, 05:42 AM
Sarnak

Ikky bp then fungi will be biggest game changers. Fill out other slots with items 200p or less.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:38 AM
Banned

Sometimes I regret making a lizard lady instead of a barb one. JBB is pretty amazing.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:38 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sometimes I regret making a lizard lady instead of a barb one. JBB is pretty amazing.
#robequest
Old 09-12-2018, 03:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should definitely get the boots: insta-click SoW
Ohhh yeah.. I remember having those boots back on live. Forgot all about those little bad asses.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:04 AM
Sarnak

Canni 2 is not very hard to quest and will set you back 1.2k ish in EC.

Get a Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring.

Quest up to Black Dire asap for sow boots.

Do alchemy at least up to SoW pots for funds.

As a Barb or Iksar shaman you can get a nice and free set of Jarsath Scale in KC.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:50 AM
Fire Giant

Why didnt anyone re-open Pandora's box yet? Let me do it:

If you intend to be ubah at 60, you need to go OGRE. Frontal-stun-immunity is the only way and above everything else (yes, also even the regen for certain races)!
Old 09-13-2018, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Canni 2 is not very hard to quest and will set you back 1.2k ish in EC.
I dunno, I think it is hard (at least somewhat), because like most Verant spell quests the mobs are higher than you are at the level when you first need the spell.

Admittedly the first three items can be gamed: you can buy the clay in EC (if you spend enough time; it's not a common item), you can loot the bone chips if a group killing the warlord in KC lets you, and you can just pick the diamonds up off the ground in TD.

The real kicker is the Yun Shaman in TT. He can be lower level than you, but you will need to be very careful (and have some luck) to find him without tracking while running through jungles filled with higher level mobs (many of whom are casters) who see invis and will happily chase you back to the zone line (or kill you if you're unlucky). And then you have to pull him to the edge without aggroing anything else and kill him (which may be challenging if he's higher level or if you lost a lot of HP/mana trying to find him)

All that being said, Jorgam is correct, you can/should get all the parts yourself and not buy the spell (even the Yun shaman part is doable if you are careful and make enough attempts ... or luck out when someone's doing Seb keys and let's you loot it for free). I just think all that is a little harder than "not very hard" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Of course in a few levels it will be trivial, and I used to sell copies of Cann 2 to lazy Shaman for cash back in the day [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get a Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring.
Genuine question: what good is this at lower levels? I mean don't get me wrong, it's amazing for Cann-ing quickly once you have Torpor, but it never seemed very useful to me leveling up. Like great, I saved half a second on Cann-ing, but I lost the mana I'd normally get from Cann-dancing. I guess that's good if you hate cann-dancing, but is there something else I'm missing that makes it better?

Quote:
Do alchemy at least up to SoW pots for funds.
I strongly disagree with this. I think it once was good advice, but now there is so much competition and the profit margin on SoW potions is so terrible that selling potions is a bad use of your time.

First off, you need a starting cache of several k plat to even do the whole potion thing. Then, between the time it will take you to raise your Alchemy, craft a ton of potions, combine them all (get ready to kill some greens and do some tailoring if you don't have the bearskin bag to do the combining), run back and forth between EC and somewhere that sells alchemy components, sit in the EC tunnel waiting for sales, and then finally make a sale to get a relatively small amount of plat (for all that work) per sale ... there are much faster ways to make plat. Selling Cann 2 for a k or 2k of pure profit on a few hours work is one example ... but also see the Treasure Hunting Guide in my sig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you intend to be ubah at 60, you need to go OGRE. Frontal-stun-immunity is the only way and above everything else
I agree that FSI is the best Shaman racial ability at 60 with Torpor. That being said it's hardly necessary to be "ubah". Are you saying I'm not ubah? Huh? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-13-2018 at 12:08 PM..
Old 09-13-2018, 12:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Genuine question: what good is this at lower levels? I mean don't get me wrong, it's amazing for Cann-ing quickly once you have Torpor, but it never seemed very useful to me leveling up. Like great, I saved half a second on Cann-ing, but I lost the mana I'd normally get from Cann-dancing. Am I missing something?
When your life tick rate beats your mana tick rate when sitting (on a regen race with either worn regen or a regen buff this happens very quickly) you're going to be full life much faster than full mana. If you're solo grinding a camp and don't want to canni dance, quickly zapping your life down for mana before medding and taking a few mins to snack/stretch legs/etc helps a lot.

It's also nice to have in emergencies but I only really 'needed' it once or twice and those situations were preventable.

Tldr: just get a cheap spell cooldown reset item. Spyglass is 100pp, Star of Eyes is quested (easy quest & free). It'll make your peeing more efficient by letting you burst up some mana before running off or idk, grabbing a bottle because this is eq
Old 09-13-2018, 01:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When your life tick rate beats your mana tick rate when sitting (on a regen race with either worn regen or a regen buff this happens very quickly) you're going to be full life much faster than full mana. If you're solo grinding a camp and don't want to canni dance, quickly zapping your life down for mana before medding and taking a few mins to snack/stretch legs/etc helps a lot.

It's also nice to have in emergencies but I only really 'needed' it once or twice and those situations were preventable.

Tldr: just get a cheap spell cooldown reset item. Spyglass is 100pp, Star of Eyes is quested (easy quest & free). It'll make your peeing more efficient by letting you burst up some mana before running off or idk, grabbing a bottle because this is eq

---all of this is correct, but i would like to remind everyone how amazing that grim aura is for a top slot junk buff not only while leveling but at 60.

if you are pulling/tanking/getting agro on casters that dispel you will be very happy to have that earring ready to be clicked for a junk buff.
Closed Thread