Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 12:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will say that you should read the server rules if you haven't. As it clearly states that I can be a level 60 with capped exp and I can run around killing lvl 5 mobs for as long as I want and you couldn't touch them. I engage them first, they are mine.
I get that... perhaps I should not have made that point. The main point is that mobs were tagged at the same time and he was disciplined for someone raging at him.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:36 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulz~Sect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like you stole a female streamers mobs and internet white knight Justice was served

(sorry you got waylayed)
I don't know... I don't think this person had any special favor with GMs... but just complained formally and he had no recourse to explain the situation.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:43 PM
Kobold

anytime i've been part of a camp dispute the guide listened to what both parties had to say. i also haven't seen a suspension drop right there on the spot, the guide usually tells somebody to take a hike.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:47 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus204 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
anytime i've been part of a camp dispute the guide listened to what both parties had to say. i also haven't seen a suspension drop right there on the spot, the guide usually tells somebody to take a hike.
That sounds how it should be.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Play Nice Policy for camps dictates that if players are unable to settle quarrels between themselves, then the staff step in.

Sounds like your 'friends' couldn't be the bigger person and decided to argue/fight with the other player,. even if the other player was is the wrong.

For future use: https://obsproject.com/
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulz~Sect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ban me all I do is call people childish names and repeat a catch line no one thinks is funny.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:14 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Play Nice Policy for camps dictates that if players are unable to settle quarrels between themselves, then the staff step in.

Sounds like your 'friends' couldn't be the bigger person and decided to argue/fight with the other player,. even if the other player was is the wrong.

Totally... we could just say sorry and walk away... but that really empowers people who want to disrupt your play to do so, which I think is the opposite of what is intended by the server rules.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:19 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hey! I already have that setup for SC2 ... I should start recording just in case.

Thanks!
Old 03-12-2018, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtsgoodtime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Totally... we could just say sorry and walk away... but that really empowers people who want to disrupt your play to do so, which I think is the opposite of what is intended by the server rules.
That's true but these incidents are generally seldom and blown up under a magnifying glass. Also the server is 10x better than it use to be. This is a private server so on occasion things will slip through the cracks. But people who repeatedly act like jerks will have it catch up to them in the end. Being civil and taking an L today could lead to unlimited possibilities tomorrow.

Of course don't let people walk all over you but politely inform the 'infringing' player that you've been there and are camping said mobs with the ability to keep them down. If that other person want's to continue 'stealing' from your current camp or begins to verbally attack you pop in a polite well worded petition including the offending players name.

If you don't feel conformable doing this make sure your logs are on, take screenshots and video if possible. Submit this information on the forums petition section. The staff know who the trouble makers are and they don't let them hang around for too long. It's likely if the offending party is a jerk to you than they're likely a jerk to other people and are creating a negative environment on the server.

TL: DR - play nice policy.
ps. I had my posts reversed, the one in server chat was meant for RnF and visa-versa.
Never post about petitioned incidents in RnF only talk about them with staff or the people involved.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:27 PM
Kobold

What camp was it?
Closed Thread