Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2020, 07:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some of you think that EQ money is real money is the takeaway here, eh?
I mean, if someone RMTs, it becomes real money.
Old 02-26-2020, 07:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3p at level 11.
Were you wearing full rubi and DW'ing yaks?
Old 02-26-2020, 08:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallyx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tl;dr

OP is crying that porters expect to be compensated for their time
He has one point; if the porter doesn't set a price, he should not complain about what he gets.

But yeah, saying it's just time for the porter, but ignoring it's the same "just time" for the portee, is a bit of entitled bullshit.
Old 02-26-2020, 09:06 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But yeah, saying it's just time for the porter, but ignoring it's the same "just time" for the portee, is a bit of entitled bullshit.
You guys crack me up.
Old 02-26-2020, 09:50 PM
Sarnak

If you can’t afford a port, at least offer to cyber with the Druid/Wiz. If you’re coin can’t satisfy them, maybe your seductivity can get them ‘where they need to go.’
Old 02-26-2020, 10:53 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Ill give my 2 cents as somebody new to the server, only one char so far, and a very very small friends list.

I have heard that p99 uses a common standard of 1p per level. That has its ups and downs as a youngling as it forces you to to be EXTREMELY picky about ports and restricts the exploration of the game but nor would I want to spend my night porting lvl 5s all over for 5p a shot. I wonder if most of you realize how far from live servers the culture of p99 is. 1p per level is a heavy cost in that relation but on this server LOTS of players seem to have fat loads in the back and dropping that kind of cash is nothing. This is not a complaint as i'm just pointing out the difference in servers.

The "establishment" of ports (really we cant say their name here?) I personally think has a bit of sticker shock but dam its nice to be able and /a all *** and get a port at 3am. Its they way of the server and the economy here. On the ultra fking cool side twice now I have ran to the bank to get $ for a port on a CR and the porter refused to take the tip. They ported me for free and even buffed me. That shiz don't happen on live servers.

I guess the short point I am trying to make is that this is the way of the server and so be it. But to label the population as greedy $ mongers I just don't see it. Nearly every single player I have met have been cool peeps with a mature sense of playing and very helpful. It more then offsets the price of ports.
Now if there was a fast way to get a bind at 3am that would be worth $ too as there seems to very little population in the towns. Changing a bind on p99 if your a new guy takes hours of /ooc begging.
Old 02-27-2020, 03:51 AM
Large Rat

Porters should advertise clearly the amount if they are expecting a certain amount, you should say ‘porting available, 50pp per’ instead of using misleading words like ‘tips’ and ‘donations’. If you don’t want to port, then clearly reply that you are not porting or don’t reply at all.

On the other hand, people looking for port service should also be clear like ‘can you port me from a to b for 50pp?’ ‘Would you be able to port me from a to b for free?’ when sending druids and wizards a tell, otherwise take a hike
Old 02-27-2020, 04:48 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I'd never set a fixed rate for my ports.
I never check the level when someone ask for a port and I'd feel horrible charging a lowbie 50pp for a port.

When people ask if there's a rate I always tell them "Whatever you can spare".
This is to give everyone a chance for a port and not feel cheap.

Sure some higher level abuse that and tip a low, but it still means a lower level is able to get a port.

Give your tipper what you can afford. Dont try to "abuse the system" by going "Well in that case I can only give you 1 gold on my level 50 in full Rubi, since I cant spare anything", since I can also simply put you on ignore if you try to abuse my service.
Same with the few people who abused the "CR ports are free" then started to equip their gear as they ran away after the port. Easy way to get on ignore.. and come'on what a pathetic way to save a few PP.

In 99% of the cases people are able to use common sense and if they're in doubt, they can always ask.

As for needing a bind, most of us wont mind dropping by and binding.

- Splixx
Old 02-27-2020, 08:11 AM
Large Bat

Better idea OP

1.) Your the one in need of a port, you tell the porter how much your going to pay him for his service in the first message to him. [ i.e. = /tell druid Hi, BB ring to Ferrott ring. 20plat ]

2.) He can ignore since 1-19 plat isn't worth the time to (a) port to where you are (b) port you to where you want to go (c) port back to where he was before you asked.

Take the boat if you don't pay a min of 20plat. There no flat rate for ports because sometimes a person will give you a lot more, but 20 plat is generally understood as the min fee for a port.

If anyone ever was to buy a port from me if they offered between 1 and 19 plat I would ignore them.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:17 AM
Large Bat

Now you say
"20 plat is way to much for a port"
And I say.
"Then take the boat, run all the way to where you want to go, and try not getting killed by mobs on your run. Good Luck!"

With a port your not only saving time, your buying safe travel. Not to mention buffs if you ask for them and if you put another 10plat on top of the port fee I'd even run to town and bind you if you needed.
Closed Thread