Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2020, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...inspecting our SK and commenting about his equipment (including essentially ridiculing him for having an executioner's axe instead of a Mithril lol).
Neat trick on the part of the SK.

--------------------------------------------------------

If you want to do high-end raids on P1999, expect it to be a 24 hour on-call job if you want to maintain high attendance. There isn't much difference between high-end guilds on P1999. Most of them use the same kind of loot systems, employ basically similar policies, and all of them operate around the clock out of raw necessity.

Lower-tier raid guilds are largely better-suited to players who refuse to place themselves on call for a video game. Such guilds rarely or never kill the top targets on P1999 but if you're fine with planar clears/etc then those types of guilds should suffice. In defacto practice most lower-tier raid guilds want to be high-end but simply don't have the necessary core of around-the-clock players to compete so aside from hours of activity such guilds are still usually not otherwise all that much different from each other in terms of policies and loot rules.

Danth
Old 02-26-2020, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Had an interesting interaction with a player from Lineage yesterday. He was the Cleric in our group and it started out a bit odd. He's pretty much half naked, barely any equipment and he starts inspecting our SK and commenting about his equipment (including essentially ridiculing him for having an executioner's axe instead of a Mithril lol). He is AFK like half the time, so our Druid is doing the main healing duties.

Eventually he mentions how it's not actually his character and tells us that he is leveling the Lineage guild leader's Cleric alt in return for DKP. Lolllllll
Was this at Highkeep gobs?
Old 02-26-2020, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was this at Highkeep gobs?
Yeah
Old 02-26-2020, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

That guy has his own 50 cleric as well....and the guild leader of lineage is another 50 cleric. I guess the idea is to have shared clerics, as if Lineage looks to be in any position to contest end game content regardless. But not being constantly AFK would be a better impression. I really try not to judge individuals by their guild tags, but Lineage provides such consistent headache cases that it gets hard not to stereotype.
Old 02-26-2020, 04:11 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to vanix Send a message via AIM to vanix Send a message via Yahoo to vanix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That guy has his own 50 cleric as well....and the guild leader of lineage is another 50 cleric. I guess the idea is to have shared clerics, as if Lineage looks to be in any position to contest end game content regardless. But not being constantly AFK would be a better impression. I really try not to judge individuals by their guild tags, but Lineage provides such consistent headache cases that it gets hard not to stereotype.
back on the combine when i raided end game with foh we literally had like sound macros that people could say something in chat and it would chime real loud on ur computer to let u know it was time to get down.. this was back in like 06 maybe and we (at least in foh) basically would have people who quit or had specific classes give their info to people still active in the guild so that they could be boxed and or loged in as needed, and i dont think account sharring is illegal on p99 so having 50 clerics that multiple people could log onto is a key tactic of end game raiding if thats not obvious. i want to say that by velious i had info as a monk main for a shaman, cleric, paladin, and monk, war and wiz that i could log onto as either my main box or the second we never really 3 boxed back then it was to much to play 3 but yeah i ended up leading a pull team for another guild when foh split and i could box or main any of those classes as needed for the raid it was a lot of fun and i was in the military back then so i just raided 24/7 when i wasnt at work that was anyway.. im curious to how it will pan out on p99 for end game content because i know rogean from the combine and there were no agreements or rotations for guids to get content back then it was bards spamming aoe's and sk's ht's by the dozen and wizards binding on the spawn of the target so they could dump all their mana and die and just respawn and mem and nuke all their mana away and repeat... it was cra cra
Old 02-26-2020, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Blue raiding is very much built on the back of armies of shared clerics and some other classes as well. The fact that lineage members are leveling extra clerics isn't really at issue by itself.

The point was more that this dude was leveling an ungeared cleric in a PuG for the guild for DKP, while also being afk to the point of failing the group getting him the XP. Go PL your own bots or come play legit when you're taking a spot in a group of randoms.
Old 02-26-2020, 04:45 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to vanix Send a message via AIM to vanix Send a message via Yahoo to vanix

Quote:
Blue raiding is very much built on the back of armies of shared clerics and some other classes as well. The fact that lineage members are leveling extra clerics isn't really at issue by itself.

The point was more that this dude was leveling an ungeared cleric in a PuG for the guild for DKP, while also being afk to the point of failing the group getting him the XP. Go PL your own bots or come play legit when you're taking a spot in a group of randoms.
oh my fault.. yeah well thats pretty lame having someone of that caliber in a end game raiding guild in the first place, player capability and skill trumps not having a life imho
Old 02-26-2020, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh my fault.. yeah well thats pretty lame having someone of that caliber in a end game raiding guild in the first place, player capability and skill trumps not having a life imho
I'm sure he's a skilled player normally. Probably just didn't care since he was just there to leech EXP from the group so he could get DKP from the guild for leveling the guild leader's alt.
Old 02-26-2020, 07:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yeah
Ah, this is the dickhead I got skipped for, got it.
Old 02-26-2020, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrakes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah, this is the dickhead I got skipped for, got it.
As a now 29 cleric who has never gotten an HK goblin group yet, and has really been LFG for 5 days and soloing my whole way to this point, I am kind of annoyed too ;D

Green is weird. The surplus of Clerics is ridiculous compared to blue/classic. Every dungeon ive been to has had all clerics as LFG. I guess everyone's training up their dummy/standby clerics right now.