Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green and Teal Community > Green and Teal Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-26-2020, 08:11 PM
DevGrousis DevGrousis is offline
Fire Giant

DevGrousis's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 690
Default Bard Solo - Etiquette / Guide - Help

Hey everyone!

Been away from P99 for about 2 years after having played pretty religiously since 2010. Excited about jumping into the Green server AFTER the opening day craziness, and I'm going to start a fresh Bard. The versatility and just general fun of the class is why i'm going that direction, but part of that fun is the ability to solo and I have no interest in breaking rules and/or pissing people off as I play. I did some digging around and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, so sorry for a re-hash of previously posted stuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm looking for insight into two things:

1) What is not allowed for Bard soloing?

2) Can anyone share some leveling guide and tips? Going for Wood Elf Bard, if that helps.

Cheers!
__________________
Quote:
Poor life decisions and planning. I call them RL n00bs. Get RL levels while you are young.

Asher
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-26-2020, 08:14 PM
Gustoo Gustoo is online now
Planar Protector

Gustoo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The side of Bristlebane
Posts: 2,146
Default

You can do anything you want because there is a cap on the amount of mobs you can PBAOEDOT
__________________
Discord Server
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
Lost but not forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big league chew View Post
i just turn off sigs in user cp like a pro
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-26-2020, 08:18 PM
DevGrousis DevGrousis is offline
Fire Giant

DevGrousis's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can do anything you want because there is a cap on the amount of mobs you can PBAOEDOT
What is the cap set at?
__________________
Quote:
Poor life decisions and planning. I call them RL n00bs. Get RL levels while you are young.

Asher
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-26-2020, 08:30 PM
Cen Cen is offline
Planar Protector

Cen's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: PA
Posts: 1,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGrousis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the cap set at?
PBAOE's currently have a 4 mob limit.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-26-2020, 09:19 PM
Wallicker Wallicker is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1,015
Default

if brand spanking new roll a half elf bard in Qeynos
Lvl 1-8: https://wiki.project1999.com/Broken_Lute + https://wiki.project1999.com/Karana%27s_Blessing then make an alt and farm kolandl fish
These two quests will get you over 100pp running them for a few lvls then swap to fish quest til lvl 8. Or just grind to 8.

8-21: I highly recommend quadding unrest yard (start with only beetles, can grab 4 and kite at entrance, if you die these won’t aggro people unless assist aggro) around 14-15 start quadding right in the yard somewhere on North wall so you don’t train anyone if you die.
You can’t beat this xp. Loot all the mushrooms and zombie skins they stack and sell decent.

21-35: Quad on sister island - you will out level your friends in highkeep and make about 8-10k here depending how often 2 of your 4 mobs are the two LS sisters. There are 11 lvl 25 mobs on the island on a 6 min spawn timer.

36-46: look to quad in Oggok, BB(dwarfs at dock), NK guards, SK spire gnolls if you can get 3+(scroll turn ins are big xp). Also can charm kill these, 4th floor highkeep, SolB, Lower guk.

46+ some of above camps will go green but some are still good til 50, at 46 you can drum dot solo bards/isa/nobles/boshinko in highkeep if you can get one of those camps. Kaladim Dwarf guards in the City are also great Xperia’s and money and never ever ever camped, but 46 required for them to be efficient.

Enjoy if you need any advice or assistance feel free to hit me up on Occisa or Walli. If you need alternative leveling spots or strategies or anything at all. This list is not all encompassing by any means just a great leveling path focusing on XP gain per hr. Happy Barding!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-26-2020, 09:21 PM
kaluppo kaluppo is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGrousis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey everyone!

Been away from P99 for about 2 years after having played pretty religiously since 2010. Excited about jumping into the Green server AFTER the opening day craziness, and I'm going to start a fresh Bard. The versatility and just general fun of the class is why i'm going that direction, but part of that fun is the ability to solo and I have no interest in breaking rules and/or pissing people off as I play. I did some digging around and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, so sorry for a re-hash of previously posted stuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm looking for insight into two things:

1) What is not allowed for Bard soloing?

2) Can anyone share some leveling guide and tips? Going for Wood Elf Bard, if that helps.

Cheers!
Check out this link:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Timeline

According to this, the bard AOE limit of 4 mobs will be lifted on 04-02-20. Only real etiquette issues are don't train other players, don't pull all the mobs in the zone when other players are hunting there too and of course don't pull from anyone's camp if the camp is claimed.

This is the best guide for hunting spots. Keep in mind that pre-Kunark is very limited especially for Bard swarm kiting. Things will open up much more when Kunark gets released.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide
__________________
Kaluppo Wood Elf Druid lvl 60 (blue) lvl 40 (green)
Norezferu High Elf Cleric lvl 60 (blue) lvl 28 (green)
Hulkthor Dwarf Paladin lvl 20 (blue)
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:12 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.