Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 03:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayso2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that really what you take away from this?

There's no script flip. If AM doesn't gloat when it wins and make RIDICULOUS excuses when it loses there's no posts. We get a mob. You get the next one. NBD.

You're poor sports and you're getting your noses rubbed in the mess you've made.
What? There absolutely is a script flip, people stated that Aftermath only got mobs at weird hours due to having no lives. Now they're in a guild that gets mobs at weird hours, so that explanation won't work without insulting themselves.

If the excuse that we didn't log on due to having real lives is ridiculous and poor sportsmanship, then that means all the people using that excuse in the past were ridiculous poor sports too.

"Get a life, morans" vs. "Mad because bad" is the script, its been flipped. No idea what you're going on about.
Old 07-01-2019, 03:37 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DromalPhrenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No idea what you're going on about.
I'm sure Detoxx, Monrezz, DMX, and all the other boys of summer have no idea either...
Old 07-01-2019, 03:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DromalPhrenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No idea what you're going on about.
It's Kayso2, in general he doesn't really have a grasp of what *he's* going on about.

I've only been raiding competitively for about 3 months. The issue I take with all of this is the hypocrisy of Riot and this pseudo “white knight” attitude. I can cite the recent example of the AM raid suspension from the guard train at Vulak. That shit happens on both sides of the fence, it's just noticeably less public when someone else does it to AM. Newsflash, Riot are not always the good guys (and neither are we).

The GMs did a shitty job with rooting the dragons, it was lazy. Yeah yeah I know you’re not paid and this a volunteer effort. But I write code as part of my job, too. There was no thought that went into it except they were tired of seeing 1 guild dominate the pull to zone tactic. It’s difficult for me to believe the kumbaya meta they are trying to instill.

I’m personally fine with cycles going back and forth, and allowing everyone to get loot, because it’s cool and it’s fun. I never got to experience this in classic and I’m happy to experience it now -- the competitive environment is great. But the rooted dragons just wear me down. I love p99 and I love my class, I really enjoy playing a more active role as a cleric now. But for gods sake, can we at least allow the dragons to be positioned? It was novel for like, 2 or 3 cycles, but like we saw this weekend, it took Riot approximately 4 hours to kill Vulak with no competition. Just make the leash range short, like 200-400 units or something, allow for positioning, etc. Even a small change like that would improve the quality of life for those involved.

But moreover, stop being the pot calling the kettle black. Y’all were complaining that AM players have no life, that they get mobs at off hours and always have 100+. That meta is flipped now, it’s Riot who gets the mobs at off hours, etc. My only complaint is the hypocrisy. Stop acting like something you aren’t.
Old 07-01-2019, 03:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznor_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've only been raiding competitively for about 3 months
They should have made you and officer and not Monrezz. Experience matters.
Old 07-01-2019, 03:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayso2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They should have made you and officer and not Monrezz. Experience matters.
Still on about me being Monrezz? Damn, get a grip.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanjil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm happy for the success of Core/PS in creating Riot, out-maneuvering us in recruitment and soaking up any viable raiders in every guild. As someone who does love the competition more than loot, it sucks to lose mobs. But that's the been the MO of this server since the start, everything comes in ebbs and flows. AM has taken a beating the last few weeks, but we're not dead. I hope we can turn the tide around so it's not just a free ride for Riot the next few months that I'm playing here actively.

I've said this since Classic WoW and Green99 were announced, before Riot was a thing, and before our regulars stopped playing as much...I'm here to have fun and compete when I can until those 2 games launch. After 10 years on blue99, it's time for a change of pace and scenery. I'll still stop in once in awhile to see how things are, but I'm counting down the days. Who knows what's going to happen to the raid scene when those 2 servers launch? For any of you newer raiders (last 3-4 years), just know...whoever you think is an enemy today, you might just find yourself guilded and friendly with tomorrow. Ebbs and flows. No, you can't have my shit when I leave. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DMX, you and I have always gotten along pretty well. I don't expect a free ride (and I keep telling our folks to not ride too high or too low after a cycle), but for the guild that considers itself the Lords of P99, it's truly amazing how quickly things seem to have turned from "WE DOMINATE EVERYTHING" to arguing wildly for rules changes, and listing off a laundry list of reasons for why AM hasn't dominated the last few weeks.

I have been in a leadership role in a raiding guild for about a year now. In that time, I've dealt with staggering arrogance, being called a casual, and was in role that was often dismissed by AM leadership. You'll forgive me if I'm excited about sticking it to the guys that were so dismissive for so long.

-Baylan
Old 07-01-2019, 04:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's kind of sad actually, some of these guys are literally BBQing in the summer for what seems like the first time in who knows how long. To think that they couldn't do something so simple while also enjoying some video game time is crazy.
Yeah, that's it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-01-2019, 04:03 PM
Fire Giant

<Salty Denial>
Old 07-01-2019, 04:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I'm sure Detoxx, Monrezz, DMX, and all the other boys of summer have no idea either...
You're pretty toxic friend. Maybe you should be the one going outside...
Old 07-01-2019, 04:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanjil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look at all you! Finally tasting some victory after largely being denied pixels for over 3 years!
3 years huh... Y'all were #2 at best until AW disbanded.
Closed Thread