Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 03-12-2010, 04:17 AM
Aviak

Default Necro Feign Death

I noticed when i FD on my necro the mob even with 3 dots on it, will heal itself at a amazing rate as if i was really dead and it was returning to its spawn spot.

The example i noticed this on was when Fighting specter's outside the enterence to Fear, the specter had maybe 5 % health left and 3 dots on it that should of killed it quickly after i FD, instead it walked back to its spawn and gained health... the dots reported to still be doing damage, but couldn't out damage the heal rate.

I noticed this for the first time after the latest patch.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Sarnak

You have no pet? If you FD and have no pet agroed on the mob, the mob loses agro and regens at out-of-combat rates
Old 04-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabamf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have no pet? If you FD and have no pet agroed on the mob, the mob loses agro and regens at out-of-combat rates
Out-of-combat regen wasn't added till later in the game than classic. Monks used to fight Aviaks, FD, mend, and then pick up where they left off. The Aviaks wouldn't super-regen the way they do now.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakaton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Out-of-combat regen wasn't added till later in the game than classic. Monks used to fight Aviaks, FD, mend, and then pick up where they left off. The Aviaks wouldn't super-regen the way they do now.
Accelerated OOC mob health regen was added at Luclin launch or shortly thereafter. I wish I could remember exactly, but it has just been too long. This "fix" was implemented b/c mobs in Luclin had a lot more hit points than anything from previous expansions, and they were taking far too long to return to full health when not engaged. As I recall, when this was added pets would also heal at an accelerated rate when out of combat. Currently only mobs have accelerated OOC healing, pets do not.

At any rate, accelerated mob OOC healing is not classic.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Another issue regarding Feign Death:

When attempting to split spawns using Dooming Darkness (29 necro snare/dot), the snared mob simply returns to its spawn point, with only a very slight reduction in movement speed, after I have FD'd. The correct mechanic for this would be for the mob to turn towards its spawn point and stand still or move very, very slowly until the snare wears off. I have attempted this with many different types of mobs, in several zones, all with identical outcomes as stated above. None of the mobs in question are buffed in any way, certainly not with SoW.

Lucy stats for Dooming indicate that I should be getting between 48% - 59% snare. For a mob walking back to its spawn point, this should severely hamstring it. Yet they just move back to their spawn points, with only the slightest movement speed reduction. If I stand up while the mob in question is still dotted, the snare functions as it is intended.

Basically, snare is not working as intended while mobs are not agro'd.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Aviak

Also, Feign Death uses up a Bone Chip. Is this correct for classic? I didn't start a necro until Kunark.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Aviak

No FD should not use a bone chip or any other reagent . And i didn't play necro on live but i did have a SK and when FD, at least from kunark on, the mob would walk away very slow if above 10% health and below 10% the mob would turn around like it was heading toward is spawn point then stand still

(ninja quoted from New Punctuation Marks for Grammar Nerds)