Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2021, 11:34 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Runed Fighters Staff

Any idea when this item stops dropping and why it is supposedly better than a T-Staff?

Along with a haste item, this must be one of the best monk only weps (if not all) in the game, no?
Old 01-29-2021, 02:07 PM
Fire Giant

It has stopped dropping and is generally considered worse than T-Staff.

Pro's vs T-staff:
* Dmg caps hurt it less at low levels 1-29
* No proc for non-tanking situations (situational)

Con's vs T-staff:
* You don't get T-staff's amazing proc
* Faster so you eat 33% more ripostes
* lower dmg so your ripostes do 33% less

I hear T-staff has the edge in parses, but I don't have any to show personally, so I left that out.

If you never tank or solo and just straight DPS, RFS is pretty good, but once you're higher lvl something like twig + SoS will be better.

So in summary, RFS is a great leveling weapon, but worse than T-Staff 30+. It's also a decent white dmg DPS weapon, but other options are cheaper and better.
Old 01-30-2021, 02:44 PM
Kobold

Not an expert.

I would have assumed with damage bonus, the 20dly would be better than 30dly. I'd have guessed the advantage of tstaff is it is a better tanking weapon (aggro proc and fewer ripostes), but RSF is a better DPS weapon.
Old 02-10-2021, 02:49 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grakken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not an expert.

I would have assumed with damage bonus, the 20dly would be better than 30dly. I'd have guessed the advantage of tstaff is it is a better tanking weapon (aggro proc and fewer ripostes), but RSF is a better DPS weapon.
This is true in Kunark where 2-handed weapons get the same damage bonus regardless of delay (17 at level 60). This is what makes RFS better than T-Staff, but only in Kunark.

In Velious, the RFS basically gets nerfed since the 2-handed damage bonus is a function of weapon delay. RFS (19/20) has the 1-handed damage bonus (11) since it has a delay <30. T-Staff keeps it's 2-handed damage bonus (17) since it's between 30-40 delay. Damage bonuses might not seem like a lot of damage, but they're unmitigated set damage regardless of mob level and defense, so it adds up.

Adamantine Club / SoS is your best bet for damage with T-Staff for tanking.
Last edited by Kaaji1359; 02-10-2021 at 02:53 AM..
Old 02-10-2021, 08:53 PM
Orc

Here is a link to dps weapon charts for monk useable weapons, it includes velious as well.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...nxk/edit#gid=0
Old 02-10-2021, 09:00 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkdaring [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is a link to dps weapon charts for monk useable weapons, it includes velious as well.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...nxk/edit#gid=0
Your formula is wrong, you're using 2*DMG for everything... The actual damage formula is calculated using this:

[Max Damage] = ([Mod] x [Weapon Damage]) + [Main Hand Bonus]
[Mod] = ([Offense Skill] + [STR]) / 100
If [Mod] is less than 2, then 2 is used instead.

A 60 monk would have 252 Offense and likely at least 200 Str, so (252 + 200)/100 = 4.5 Mod. Multiple the main hand damage by at least 4.5, maybe even 5 with maxed strength, not 2.

One last thing to note is that the DPS formula doesn't take into account mob AC and level differences, so it often-times way over-reports the DPS potential on a mob with high AC and high level. This is why dual wield is often times better than 2handers because the "Main Hand Bonus" is unmitigated set damage any time your hit lands, which adds up significantly on higher level mobs.
Last edited by Kaaji1359; 02-10-2021 at 09:02 PM..
Old 02-11-2021, 01:08 AM
Orc

Nah that`s not my formula, or spread sheet , i just linked one from P99 Archive forums , here's the original thread.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=279819
Old 02-11-2021, 04:14 AM
Aviak

RFS is the best weapon available for L1-50, so it’s the ultimate twink weapon. For solo or small groups the Tstaff proc is OP, TStaff likely outdps RFS as well counting process damage, and 100% outdps RFS 51+ once the nerf to 2h weapon damage bonus below 28 delay gets hit. That said, for DPS Adamantite Club/SoS beats both for raw dps generally, and epicfist / sos crushes it. The other benefit to TStaff is longer delay means less riposte / ds damage you eat which is important.
Old 02-11-2021, 03:57 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Best bet is to look at some parse or start parsing yourself.
From what I have seen in parses, the RFS is not the god-level weapon people make it out to be. In fact its probably much worse then some alternative weapons. At least at high level. Maybe at really low levels the bonus works differently.

I havent studied T-staff parses, I dont know where it stands.

I have studied Moss Covered Twig, Stave of Shielding, Adam Club - any combination of these 1handers gives more dps than an RFS. Throw in a sarnak warhammer for your agro/tanking situations.

Just download GamParse and try yourself.
Closed Thread