Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 03:25 PM
Kobold

Default CL Semi-Final Draw

So, Bayern Vs Barca
Juventus vs Real

Who you guys think is going to win?

I think that although Barca has a bad previous record with Bayern, they will beat them this year. I would say 3-2 on aggregate.

Real vs Juventus could be very interesting. Real isn't on there top form right now and they're going to be missing some key players (Bale/Modric), could go either way here but I think I'll say 2-1 Real.

How about you guys? Discuss.
Old 04-26-2015, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Bayern vs Barcelona is the real final I'd say... who ever wins that should beat the winner of Juventus vs Real Madrid.

Rooting for Juventus purely because Italian football seems to have taken a back seat for too long now...used to love watching the Serie A highlights on Channel 4 growing up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

...and I dug up the old Football Italia theme, the start of my weekend was based on this!
Old 04-26-2015, 04:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bayern vs Barcelona is the real final I'd say... who ever wins that should beat the winner of Juventus vs Real Madrid.

Rooting for Juventus purely because Italian football seems to have taken a back seat for too long now...used to love watching the Serie A highlights on Channel 4 growing up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

...and I dug up the old Football Italia theme, the start of my weekend was based on this!
Probably a fair assumption. Really depends on how healthy Bayern will be. Although the only way I see them unlocking the Barcelona defense is with passing or insane fast Robben. Although if you mark Robben with someone who is also insanely fast, such as Jordi Alba, it shouldn't be a huge problem. Bayern have to deal with 3 huge threats being Suarez, Messi, and Neymar (Iniesta even). Barca's passing has also looked a bit more finesse.
Old 04-26-2015, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

If there's no early goal I think it'll be extremely tight...a penalty or red card might be the difference perhaps.

Juve have only lost 3 games this season in the league, and Real have been looking good all season. Arguably the best pair of Champions League semi finals in quite a while. I like English football but Chelsea aside I don't think any of our teams looked anywhere near good enough in CL games this year.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:49 PM
Kobold

I really want Real to lose (because I really dislike them as a team in general and because an underdog win would be cool) but, if Juventus were to go into the final with Bayern or Barca, I think they would get absolutely slaughtered. I think a win over Madrid is possible because Madrid's current form is not so good. Barca and Bayern are in top form, and in my mind, would absolutely demolish Juventus.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:05 AM
VIP / Contributor

I thought you guys were talking about Counter Logic, came into this thread seeing euro football. Disappointed.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Closed Thread