Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 04:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatez2004 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99: Selectively Classic™
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-08-2019, 04:11 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There was never a "Red server" on live. Since it's inception here on Project 1999, the server has been an unclassic experiment, with a ruleset unique to Project 1999.

If it was classic it would have had the same rules as Rallos Zek, Tallon Zek, or Sullon Zek. It had none of the above, ergo it's not classic. This isn't me hating on Red or on PvP, it's a simple statement of fact.

As for PvP "succeeding" on Live ... I think the simple ratio of Non-PvP to PvP live servers speaks to EQ PvP's (lack of) success ... even more so if you factor in the populations of those servers.
The PvP ruleset doesn't make Red any less classic than blue. In fact most of us came from the Pwnedemu VZ/TZ server and NONE of us wanted item loot.

We all wanted coin only on pvp death, and the devs decided that a + or - 4 level range in PvP was fair instead of + or - 8 which was what Team PvP was on live. None of this makes Blue any more or less "classic" than Red. Blue AND Red having zones like Paineel and items like Terror-forged mask, or fright forged helm which gave you Call of Bones and Deadeye (see invis item in classic - the only see invis item in classic for classes that don't have it is Tobrins Mystical Eyepatch) in game, right out the gate, was NOT classic and broken. There are numerous examples of items, quests, and certain things just like the ones i mentioned that are implemented that shouldn't be and to be honest, affect Red a LOT more than it does Blue.
Old 09-08-2019, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The PvP ruleset doesn't make Red any less classic than blue. In fact most of us came from the Pwnedemu VZ/TZ server and NONE of us wanted item loot.

We all wanted coin only on pvp death, and the devs decided that a + or - 4 level range in PvP was fair instead of + or - 8 which was what Team PvP was on live. None of this makes Blue any more or less "classic" than Red. Blue AND Red having zones like Paineel and items like Terror-forged mask, or fright forged helm which gave you Call of Bones and Deadeye (see invis item in classic - the only see invis item in classic for classes that don't have it is Tobrins Mystical Eyepatch) in game, right out the gate, was NOT classic and broken. There are numerous examples of items, quests, and certain things just like the ones i mentioned that are implemented that shouldn't be and to be honest, affect Red a LOT more than it does Blue.
You can argue what custom rules Red should or shouldn't have. My personal opinion is that they should have based things on Sullon Zek instead, because teams are essential to MMOG PvP.
Free-for-all servers result in de-leveled fungi twinks camping newbie zones, whereas teams channel griefers into being villains for the other team to unite against.

But regardless of what either of us thinks, Red was a custom unclassic experiment from the start. So was Blue for that matter: Blue has always been the beta server for the real/classic/Green server.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-08-2019, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good job guys on getting the new patch out!

Blue P99's new name: "Pick A Monk and Be a God Forever Server"

I've been thinking about this for awhile. After Velious they toned down monks. That will never happen here and it sucks big time for the server's population (class pick ratio) as monks will be insanely OP compared to all other classes here now...FOREVER.
Incorrect

If there is an OP class it isnt monk
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-08-2019, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Lol at people crying about classic changes.
Old 09-08-2019, 04:34 PM
Kobold

People losing their minds over pet windows and 1 hotbutton bar lol. "You killed the game" "see you on green" etc. You pathetic plebs. Dudes spend countless hours making changes/fixes to benefit us and to have THEIR game how THEY want it. If you cant manage to figure out how to play tank/spank without ez mode hotbars, go to green - or red - or WoW. Who cares? Lol. Nobody cares to see all your INC/Buff/Debuff/Heal macro spam in /G or /GU anyhow. Use Alt+# for spell casting, Shift+# to page thru your 10 hotbutton bars. Youll be ok.
Old 09-08-2019, 04:45 PM
Aviak

I just hope they hotfix the surefall spells at some point
Old 09-08-2019, 04:45 PM
Orc

After soloing on my enchanter in hs south for most of today all I have to say is I welcome the new changes with open arms and anyone that complains about it is bad at the game and should learn to adapt. Thanks for continuing to provide quality game content for free.

-sugz
Old 09-08-2019, 04:46 PM
Orc

Just want to say thank you to all the Devs that volunteer their time to this server. Yes, it's been 10 years and it should be a time to celebrate.

The complainers about things are usually the loudest, so don't let that dissuade you. You've done a great job and I look forward to the Green server.
Old 09-08-2019, 04:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by widowblade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for continuing to provide quality game content for free.

-sugz
You the man, Sugz
Closed Thread