Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 01-23-2024, 11:23 PM
Fire Giant

It would be funny if all p99 internet debates had to have a video of the poster saying their argument out loud.
Old 01-24-2024, 06:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The expected damage mitigated by FSI in the first 17 (pre-slowed) seconds is 23, according to the calculations I posted (using numbers you provided). You're welcome to contest those calculations; there's several areas of wiggle room I can identify. But you have yet to do so.

I honestly did not expect it to come out exactly one less damage than regen does in the same period. That was pure coincidence. But it does bring a smile to my face.

I still think Ogre is probably the best choice if the most important aspect of gameplay you care about is endgame soloing
I don’t think FSI is about mitigation anyway - opposite to you I’m a little surprised the calculated average benefit is so high. My perception of FSI value is the benefit it provides at the extreme end of the normal - where that bash stun initiates a sequence of catastrophic failure. Obviously, by definition, that is more of a fringe occurrence, but for someone who is failure adverse (perhaps they like to kill rare, highly competed mobs - something OP wonders whether lacking JBB may make a difference) that may be a decisive benefit. For me, someone who likes to deal with the spice of things going a bit pete tong from time to time it’s not very enticing.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-24-2024, 07:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not sure why you keep repeating this. Nobody that I have seen has claimed that racials were necessary. I have never said this either in any forum post ever. Who are you arguing against lol?

The point that racials are not necessary is completely irrelevant to which racial is objectively best when Min/Maxing, which is FSI for Shamans. Objectively Best != Necessary.
Wow. You have repeatedly said after a long and convoluted factual fact filled math lesson that you just want to give the op (and everyone else) the correct information and to protect us from the terrible horrible trolls mussing up the place.

Extra points for insulting bcbrown and his grasp of math... Jesus Fucking Christ
Old 01-24-2024, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My perception of FSI value is the benefit it provides at the extreme end of the normal - where that bash stun initiates a sequence of catastrophic failure. Obviously, by definition, that is more of a fringe occurrence, but for someone who is failure adverse (perhaps they like to kill rare, highly competed mobs - something OP wonders whether lacking JBB may make a difference) that may be a decisive benefit. For me, someone who likes to deal with the spice of things going a bit pete tong from time to time it’s not very enticing.
I literally do not think this could be said better.

Pras

To bcbrown: thanks again on a lot of fronts:

-Thanks for doing all that math.
-Thank you for the detailed discussion.
-Thank you for ensuring your target audience was following your logical steps between posts.
-Thank you for the valiant effort to lead your target audience by the nose to the mathematical results for his hand picked, worst case scenario npc encounter
-thank you most of all for demonstrating overwhelming restraint and an abundance of maturity when your target audience bit your finger while you led him (by the nose) to the inevitable conclusion that upset him

Do you work in higher education (undergrad, masters or doctoral level)? You carry yourself like a seasoned professor that is perhaps overly patient.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-24-2024, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I literally do not think this could be said better.

Pras

To bcbrown: thanks again on a lot of fronts:

-Thanks for doing all that math.
-Thank you for the detailed discussion.
-Thank you for ensuring your target audience was following your logical steps between posts.
-Thank you for the valiant effort to lead your target audience by the nose to the mathematical results for his hand picked, worst case scenario npc encounter
-thank you most of all for demonstrating overwhelming restraint and an abundance of maturity when your target audience bit your finger while you led him (by the nose) to the inevitable conclusion that upset him

Do you work in higher education (undergrad, masters or doctoral level)? You carry yourself like a seasoned professor that is perhaps overly patient.
BcBrown has proven himself to be a troll at this point unfortunately. It's been obvious for a while now. There are a few easy giveaways. The first is his signature. No normal poster changes their signature simply to reference a discussion they thought they won.

Second was when he admitted to trolling in another thread. This shows his willingness to do so, and will not admit it unless called out.

Third, his math is not actually impressive, as he makes mistakes often. His tactic is to use math terms that most people don't know in an attempt to impress.

His latest mistake is trying to compare averages of different timescale. You do not use a hourly average of DPS to look at the benefit of wizard nukes, for example. Average DPS of spamming Icy Spear of Solist is 80 in a minute. Average DPS of the same spell over an hour is 13. You cannot directly compare the two.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-24-2024 at 11:17 AM..
Old 01-24-2024, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BcBrown has proven himself to be a troll at this point unfortunately. It's been obviois for a while now.
You know, that actually doesn’t mean anything coming from you. You have always labeled anyone who doesn’t agree with you a “troll”. You are most likely to do so once you’ve lost an argument. I honestly question if you understand the meaning of the word at this point.

Bcbrown has been really mature in his interactions with you. His posts are tempered and intelligent.

Sorry he used math to hand you your ass on a silver platter.

It happened.

You’re butt hurt.

We get it.

Old 01-24-2024, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know, that actually doesn’t mean anything coming from you. You have always labeled anyone who doesn’t agree with you a “troll”. You are most likely to do so once you’ve lost an argument. I honestly question if you understand the meaning of the word at this point.

Bcbrown has been really mature in his interactions with you. His posts are tempered and intelligent.

Sorry he used math to hand you your ass on a silver platter.

It happened.

You’re butt hurt.

We get it.
No, troll labels and opinions of other posters mean nothing from you. You have literally hundreds of posts of silly gifs when you throw temper tantrums. You also call everybody who disagrees with you autistic, and you spend paragraphs making fake medical diagnoses to do so.

Of course you are going to support him regardless of whether or not he is correct. You do the same thing with other trolls who aren't acting "mature". You'll side with anybody who agrees with you.

Unfortunately you just cannot admit when you are wrong. You couldn't even admit you were wrong about damage/mana values on Necromancers when anybody can check the wiki.

I've already show Bcbrown was wrong to compare average FSI damage reduction values using different timescales. Pretending he did not do that just supports my position that you are agreeing with him without actually understanding what he did.

Average FSI damage reduction during the first minute of a fight is hundreds of damage when it triggers. If an unslowed mob doing 64 DPS stuns you during casting a slow, you would lose 2-5 seconds worth of life, depending on far along the casting bar was. This is 128-320 life. Troll/Iksar Regeneration gives you 8 life after 6 seconds. You compare the average HP saved over this timescale in individual fights, because that is where FSI's utility lies. It is the same thing with wizard nukes. You look at the average DPS wizard nukes do in individual fights, not the average DPS wizard nukes do over an hour. This is because the utility of wizard nukes is measured on a different timescale.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-24-2024 at 11:49 AM..
Old 01-24-2024, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

jesus fucking christ
Old 01-24-2024, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
jesus fucking christ
Agreed. I am still baffled by why people troll this forum so hard. It's just hurting the community, and making themselves look bad in the process.
Old 01-24-2024, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]