Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 02-15-2024, 08:31 PM
Fire Giant

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nonsensical and delusional insults are irrelevant.

As a reminder, be wary when playing with Penish in game. He will purposely waste your time by grouping with you under false pretenses. He will record video of you in an attempt to make you look bad, and then leave the group abruptly. https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...7&postcount=23 - You can read this thread and see hard evidence of this.

He doesn't have the courage to post these videos, because he knows it will just show two things:
1. He shows that he doesn't know how the game works. He records video of people using normal strategies and assumes they are bad play.
2. He shows that he is indeed grouping with people under false pretenses. His true purpose is trying to record videos of people playing poorly.
Unpaid volunteer elf-comment policeman and hot pocket enthusiast is extremely upset when others aren't existing in the elf-museum in the exact same way as him. It's almost as if getting upset when people don't follow his imaginary protocols is a sign of profound autism.
Old 02-15-2024, 10:30 PM
Planar Protector

If said video is recorded and does indeed show a player playing badly. Does it not mean that said player did indeed play badly and is a bad player?

I'm trying to understand this and make said player look better but video evidence is strong. Pretty much all we have to show if we are not there to witness.

You also say he refuses to post the videos so what are you complaining about? Your confused ramblings are tough to follow. No wonder you constantly edit your posts.
Take a breath. Relax and type your responses into a text editor (I use Jota) first. Edit it to your hearts content. Proof read it.
Copy/paste contents into p99 forums.
You go girl.
Old 02-15-2024, 10:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unpaid volunteer elf-comment policeman and hot pocket enthusiast is extremely upset when others aren't existing in the elf-museum in the exact same way as him. It's almost as if getting upset when people don't follow his imaginary protocols is a sign of profound autism.
I am not sure why you think falsely claiming other posters are autistic makes you look good. You aren't hurting me or helping yourself. Thanks for showing you are just a troll I guess. Helps the community know who they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If said video is recorded and does indeed show a player playing badly. Does it not mean that said player did indeed play badly and is a bad player?
This isn't the case. You can see my Youtube videos where I am soloing harder content. He cannot really claim I cannot solo KC when I have evidence of soloing harder stuff. We never started the test. I was camp cycling the mobs because I wasn't sure if Penish wanted to use them in the test. I wasn't going to wait 30 minutes for repops lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You also say he refuses to post the videos so what are you complaining about? Your confused ramblings are tough to follow. No wonder you constantly edit your posts.
You go girl.
I'm not complaining at all. I hope Penish posts the video. It will make Penish look very bad, and prove to other players he isn't worth playing with.
Old 02-16-2024, 06:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In a similar vein as the "regen is trivializes by Torpor" healthy debate on these here forums I'd have to wonder, is iksar regen trivialized by the soulwell staves that drop in VP? From the various necros I've chatted with in game it seems to be a common drop and easier to obtain than the epic by a country mile.
Soul Well adds up to about 72hp/tick. To this you can add 5hp/tick from ZlandicarÂ’s heart and 2-6hp/tick from aura of battle and 10hp/tick from dain ring 10. Iksar adds about 7-8 hp/tick depending on if youÂ’re sitting or standing, <10% difference.

As you can see the relative benefit of being an iksar is very small indeed once you have gear and factor in lifedrain effects like soulwell in play (and we havenÂ’t even accounted for the others). Even if youÂ’re not fighting you can also drain an eye of zomm for HP, assuming you have beads anyway.
Old 02-16-2024, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can continue be volunteer internet comment police if you wish, no one can stop you. Just realize that 1] You aren't changing anything for anyone 2] You are wasting your time 3] For some bizarre autistic reason, you think that only certain viewpoints should be allowed 4] People are here for other viewpoints and reading other's comments might make them think about things from another points of view. You know, the definition of community. I wouldn't expect you to grasp that due to your profound social underdevelopment.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 02-16-2024, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
inb4 a 3000 word multi-quoted break down of how every statement is "factually" incorrect along with video links unrelated to a thread about necro race choices.
Old 02-16-2024, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
inb4 a 3000 word multi-quoted break down of how every statement is "factually" incorrect along with video links unrelated to a thread about necro race choices.
Agreeing with known trolls and supporting them is not a good look. Continuing to lie about other posters doesn't hurt me or help you.
Old 02-16-2024, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreeing with known trolls and supporting them is not a good look. Continuing to lie about other posters doesn't hurt me or help you.
💯

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-16-2024, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Let's get back on topic before it morphs into another DSM thread.

Necromancer is such a versatile and self sufficient class that any character race will be fine. As always you should play what makes you happy and what you prefer to look at. Lich eats your health to give you mana. Mana can be used, to varying degrees of efficiency, to recover your lost hp. Straight up lifetaps are less efficient. The best way of healing self outside of free VP click (vexing mordinia lifetap dot) clocks in at 2.22 hp returned per mana spent before factoring in specialization. If alteration spec, increase those returns by 12%. It's really not bad at all when you factor in the massive continuous mana regen from lich along with the fact that it deals as much damage as it heals you (dmg does get a bonus extra tick that doesn't give you a heal recourse). Because of the nature of necro play when soloing (charming or otherwise) balancing the losses from lich is straightforward solo and while you are in combat.

If you don't have a strong preference (visual or roleplay), however, iksar vs any other race has a really wide gap. It is there and it is noticeable while solo in combat but it really shines brighter at other times.

A) Between combat and recovery:

This one really is self-evident. Recovery is simply faster. Lich constantly rolls. If your hp is dropping below your comfort level, click off lich and your hp climbs much quicker while still getting meditate ticks. The iksar necro will be able to spend more total time with lich and thus less time having to sit and recover to begin with.

At 60 when I need to afk recover it's so nice to know that I can just cast Arch Lich and walk away. Sitting, at -2hp/tick I would end up down only 380 health before the spell expired. If I wanted to FD afk with this spell ... I could walk away, get side tracked ... forget I was logged on ... and still not die buffless assuming I was close to 100% health.

As a non-iksar ... self buffed only (or buffless) you'd die before the "efficient" lich (below) wore off at 19 min duration ... standing, sitting or FD.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Arch_Lich

B) "OH SHIT" ... the FD emergency FD:

Bad pull .. not the best circumstances ... whatever ... all other options are out the window and at you have to strategically bail on what you're doing. FD succeeds but now you're flopped in hostile territory and whatever percentage below a safe level of health to get the heck out of there. From 51+ it's gonna take the iksar necro a lot less time to get back to a safe level of health to evacuate, move along, or otherwise get back to business. Click off FD and you're recovering that health 267% faster at 51, 300% faster at 56, and 280% faster at 60 compared to the non-iksar necro who's flopped on the floor.

C) In a group doing the full scope of "extra":

Necromancers are very potent healers. My health 1:1 = their health, gifted "freely". We aren't shamans who have to canni-dance so I see no reason to compare standing regen to standing regen in the setting of a group. No reason to stand unless you are actively casting a spell. You compare sitting to sitting regen. Starting at level 51 iksar necros have a 7hp/tick sitting boost over non-iksars. At 60 it's an 11hp/tick advantage. As nice as that hp/tick advantage is as it relates to the lich dynamic ... it really does ease the burden of self-healing required when you are constantly giving your hp to someone else while also carrying the burden of lich sucking your life force away. I haven't played a high level non-iksar necro to compare, but it's pretty obvious that you're gonna have to spend a lot more time tapping to get the job done. I imagine it would be most noticeable when doing a small 2-4 man group were you're the only class capable of healing.

D) Boring raid duty: Twitches

Pretend you don't have a Z-heart or a 10th ring yet. Also pretend you don't have beads (or cant safely use them) to tap back your health. The 60 iksar necro with demi lich rolling simply needs a regrowth (free clicky from any druid) to have net positive health recovery while sitting. The non-iksar is going to lose 10hp/tick. If both toons do have both, the iksar will have a net positive of 16hp/tick which can be translated into some spot heals here and there with the spell (linked below) while still being self-sustaining/recovering/sufficient. Remember, this heal stacks with torpor and cleric HOT and can be cast on people outside your group (think the melees dashing in/out and taking splash aoe dmg). It also costs nothingburger mana so all your mana recovered is still flowing to twitches. The same non-iksar necro with the same items reaches a net positive as well, but less than a 3rd of the net recovery.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Shadowbond

But for the sake of being realistic let us come back full circle. With extra effort (and annoyance) a non-iksar is fully functional and capable in all of the discussed scenarios ... just with a lower quality of life. Similar to shamans, regen is just such a huge quality of life issue for a class that turns hp into mana (and mana back into hp) that there really isn't anything another race brings to the table other than fashionquest. While I'm not the hugest fan of looking like an Iksar (it's not bad but yeah something else would look better), I also acknowledge that for a lot of my time playing the class I'm gonna look like a skeleton anyways.

If we assume the necro has their VP staff (linked below) all of this becomes much less relevant at points in time where you have a target to safely tap (free healing!)

https://wiki.project1999.com/Shissar_Deathspeaker_Staff

At least with Shaman's there are debatable degrees of wiggle room for logical discussion on racial perks as the regen races do actually give something up with their class choice that would otherwise be available: FSI.

**Gonna head this off at the pass with a disclaimer: DSM please know the above is not an admission that I feel FSI is better than regen. I don't. You disagree. That's fine. I have zero interest in debating that topic here so please let us not get side-tracked in this specific thread. If, for whatever reason, you feel compelled to discuss the merits of race choice for the shaman class feel free to quote me in that other thread (you know the one). Do not pollute this one further than you already have.**
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 02-16-2024 at 03:14 PM.. Reason: Ugh removed a redundancy
Old 02-16-2024, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's get back on topic before it morphs into another DSM thread.
The only posters to blame for derailed threads are trolls like yourself. They are actually "Troxx and Friends Threads". The pattern is always the same. A random troll attacks me out of the blue, and I defend myself. If you don't attack me, I don't defend myself. It's really that simple. Stick to the topic at hand and don't post nonsense. I know it doesn't sound difficult, but you post nonsense most of the time.

Quote:
Do not pollute this one further than you already have.
The only people polluting the thread are trolls like yourself, posting off-topic nonsense and lies for no reason. I didn't start attacking people in this thread, you can check the history. Branamil started it, and you piled on. Take your own advise and stop spamming threads with nonsense. You and other trolls are the real problem.

Back to the topic at hand:

Quote:
But for the sake of being realistic let us come back full circle. With extra effort (and annoyance) a non-iksar is fully functional and capable in all of the discussed scenarios ... just with a lower quality of life.
This is correct. It is the same thing I said on page 1:

Quote:
From a leveling perspective Necro is a strong class regardless of race.

End-game a non Iksar is more expensive to gear. An Iksar only needs a ZHeart for positive sitting HP regen with Arch Lich. A Dark Elf would need ZHeart + Ring 10.

An Iksar can also get positive HP regen with Demi Lich using ZHeart + Ring 10 while sitting. A Dark Elf cannot get positive HP regen on Demi Lich with self gear.

So you just need to decide if fashion or end-game is more important to you.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-16-2024 at 03:14 PM..