Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 10:15 AM
Fire Giant

Default Solo leveling a Ranger/ & or Rogue 27+

I have been looking at different threads about this but I cannot find one that lists out any suggested leveling locations. I know LoIO is good because there is plenty to solo but the ZEM is horrible and it seems over camped the days I was there. MM isnt bad xp but again over camped. I have found some mobs in the Karanas to kill but some of the traditional solo camps arent doable due to faction. Cannot camp druids or Treants and really dont want to try and camp the bards.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind of looking for a steady flow of mobs.

Oh and Wood Elf ranger so not sure if that changes anything.
Old 05-12-2015, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

Basically you wander the land as a pariah. Eventually you'll get sow and your track skill will give you a solid indication of what there is for you to kill in any given area. Speak softly and carry a big stick (Woodsman). If you have a fungi, swarmcaller at 45, some haste, and a woodsman, you're setup to solo to 50. There's zone by level guides on the wiki, I'd advise you to check out any outdoorsy ones listed and give them a shot.

Consider grouping also. Well geared rangers are the best tanks until 50.
Last edited by Cecily; 05-12-2015 at 11:26 AM..
Old 05-12-2015, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

Corpse runs with Camouflage should be on the check list. Bother people for binds too.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:33 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks I had never noticed the chart with the level ranges before it narrows it down some. I guess considering the age of the server and population its hard to find a place to just settle in and kill things without tripping over someone else in the process. At least as a ranger since cannot camp druids or treants. I need to look up faction hit for bards to see if it will hurt me hunting them I have heard they are really good solo targets.

I am planning on grouping some guess I could head back to one of the places like MM or LoIO and find a group.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

If you REALLY want to stay solo, do old world, mobs have a lot less HP.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecompte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you REALLY want to stay solo, do old world, mobs have a lot less HP.
Yeah thats what I was doing. It is really good advice since it almost seemed like the kunark mobs had a third more hps and some hit alot harder.

In NK I am having a hard time finding xp mobs its only Griffennes, the occasional werewolf, or named werewolf. The beetles I was camping are now dark green on track so still xp but very little. In EK I had spiders but its hard to camp them when there are 10 ppl competing for the same 5-8 mobs. So I didnt know if any rangers had suggestions of places to hunt at level 27 in Old world. May head to Kunark for the grouping experience or maybe MM. If anyone knows of a really good ranger xp spot that might be out of the way please PM me if you want.

Had a friend suggest Treants before I said ranger when I was telling him about wanting to solo a little while longer. Bad idea since I am not sure how that would impact things like my epic later when I start trying for that.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:34 PM
Kobold

go to a dungeon.

Soul A
Lower Guk
Even permafrost (bind in Halas
Closed Thread