Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 01:56 AM
Kobold

Default When does rotting become more viable?

Hello fellow priests and more specifically shamans, I have a question as to when it becomes more viable to root rot as opposed to smashing things.

Currently I am a level 37 ogre shaman nearing level 38. At level 39 I get a few spells including a great new dot, and canni 2. I'm following the evil shaman guide (thankyou Blkcamel for that) and so I am currently killing NK guards. I can slow and smash these with the help of a poison dot pretty easily although sometimes they hit a little hard if RNG isn't on my side. My question is -- when I move to a different hunting spot and mobs inevitably hit harder, will it be more effective for me to switch to shield and spear (for more mana) and root rot?

Thanks in advance for any input guys, it's much appreciated.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

depends on if you prefer fun over efficiency.

if you own a haste item and a PWC, then wacking stuff is viable for a while yet.

personally I dont like playing shm as a pure caster.....if I wanted that id play a necro which are better at it.

play shms for fun imo....which means wackin stuff!

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Old 06-15-2015, 10:09 AM
Fire Giant

Think you get your pet soon If not already?
Old 06-15-2015, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

I didn't root/rot until epic, just wasn't efficient until then.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 06-15-2015, 01:16 PM
Kobold

Hmmm, currently I have a PWC and FBSS. Would you guys still recommend spectres or are there easier mobs out there? Would spectres still be preferable because they are so close to home?
Old 06-15-2015, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal_X [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmmm, currently I have a PWC and FBSS. Would you guys still recommend spectres or are there easier mobs out there? Would spectres still be preferable because they are so close to home?
Spectres are a shit with their lifetaps and stuns, they're better fear kited or root/rotted and then moving out of their spell range imo. Still worth doing, but specs particularly I wouldn't melee battle with.

Freeport guards on the other hand... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-15-2015, 03:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spectres are a shit with their lifetaps and stuns, they're better fear kited or root/rotted and then moving out of their spell range imo. Still worth doing, but specs particularly I wouldn't melee battle with.

Freeport guards on the other hand... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any guards you would specifically recommend? I've taken a look on the wiki at some of the guards and they seem rather tough... are there any other alternative spots I could solo other than guards?
Old 06-15-2015, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Could probably still get exp in Highkeep off guards in the higher floors.

I think I moved to CoM at your level and soloed stuff around the entrance while looking for pages for Epic.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 06-15-2015, 04:37 PM
Sarnak

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal_X [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any guards you would specifically recommend? I've taken a look on the wiki at some of the guards and they seem rather tough... are there any other alternative spots I could solo other than guards?
BBM Dock folk might work for you they are melee and don't hit exceptionally hard if you want to melee. Otherwise Yeti's in DL in the caves.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-15-2015, 04:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCamel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BBM Dock folk might work for you they are melee and don't hit exceptionally hard if you want to melee. Otherwise Yeti's in DL in the caves.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you personally suggest root rotting if I choose the Yeti route? (Thanks again for the guide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
Closed Thread