Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 01-28-2013, 04:36 PM
Banned

Default Bard ae mez

A year ago bard ae mez worked as intended. It worked similar to the chanter ae mez.

Now as a 50 bard i cant even chain ae mez crushbone orcs... constant non stop resists the song is useless. Before i could chain ae mez bedroom frogs in lower guk. I cant even mez greens now. But you leave the over powered ae chanter mez in tact but make changes to the bard line of spells. Why destroy a class that isnt even working as intended?

This song was working well it wasnt game breaking. Unlike chanters the most OPD class since day one on this server and continue to dominate end game solo here with charm and there lull mezzes. But bards in plate cant even hold down green cons in crushbone with a 50 lvl difference.

Why? Pls revert
Old 01-28-2013, 04:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silo69 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A year ago bard ae mez worked as intended. It worked similar to the chanter ae mez.

Now as a 50 bard i cant even chain ae mez crushbone orcs... constant non stop resists the song is useless. Before i could chain ae mez bedroom frogs in lower guk. I cant even mez greens now. But you leave the over powered ae chanter mez in tact but make changes to the bard line of spells. Why destroy a class that isnt even working as intended?

This song was working well it wasnt game breaking. Unlike chanters the most OPD class since day one on this server and continue to dominate end game solo here with charm and there lull mezzes. But bards in plate cant even hold down green cons in crushbone with a 50 lvl difference.

Why? Pls revert
equipping a lute also does not change the resist rate. Green cons, blue even. It dosent land 9/10 do some tests spawn a bard play with it. If you saw how it worked before it was decent now it goes in the back of the book and enchanters own the ae mez department.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Assuming you are talking about Kelin's Lucid Lullaby? It was discussed pretty extensively in this thread and at the end of 2011 a second resist check was added.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...d.php?t=52422&
Old 01-29-2013, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

this isnt a resist check they added, it's an auto-resist lol
Old 01-30-2013, 10:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this isnt a resist check they added, it's an auto-resist lol
its not working as intended looks like another auto resist check was put into place, i can not mez anything even if its under lvl 25 like it use to

i think back in classic people didnt no realize how broken some classes are were chanters/bards

chanters now can ae tash ae mez and lock down entire rooms, bards use to be able to but they were not played as much def still broken and needs to be looked at i ll pull up some zam info now thats its accredited here from diva or wayback
Old 01-30-2013, 10:06 PM
Planar Protector

I was aoe mezzing the hell out of crushbone on my L15 bard as recently as 1-2 months ago.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 01-31-2013, 02:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was aoe mezzing the hell out of crushbone on my L15 bard as recently as 1-2 months ago.
ae mezz works at low levels. you start to experience more resists as you get higher level (regrdless of mob level) then at some point it just stops working altogether on any level mob
Old 01-31-2013, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

So its based on the level of the bard, not of the mob? It should resist based on mob (opponent) level, not bard (caster) level.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kender [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ae mezz works at low levels. you start to experience more resists as you get higher level (regrdless of mob level) then at some point it just stops working altogether on any level mob
its not working as intended here, it was but people cried and developers just threw in a 2nd resist check that wonked out the song

it dosent work at all, 100% resist rate even with lute and if mob is tashed malo

its seriously broken, it was overpowered the same way a chanter can ae tash lvl 16 ae mez an entire wing in howling stones south

but no one cried the chanters were gods

bards the lambo's in eq everyones hating

song needs to be reworked or looked at
Old 02-01-2013, 11:27 PM
Banned

imho gm spawn yourself a lvl 60 bard

equip a lute

load up the ae bard mez

pull all of crushbone to zone line

sing your song

watch how nothing gets mezzed

if a 60 bard cant lock down ae mezz the entire zone songs broke, when a chanter can do the same thing, since the song dosent use mana and a bard can move while casting, they were able to ae mezz all kinds of shit like they are suppose to

back in 1999 people didnt know wich class could do what, now that this games 1000 years old we know every nook and cranny sounds like its busted