Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Aviak

Default IP ban for boxing...

How long do these bans last? are they perma or is it depending on different situations? Wife decided to play both toons while I was at work and she got the ban hammer....

thanks.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Kobold

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-03-2012, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Ban is permanent.

Better break her hands so that doesn't happen again, imo.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:08 PM
Aviak

Oh that's pretty bad... yeah don't think she's playing again...
Old 04-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Sarnak

It was my little brother, I swears it.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Sarnak

I am so sick of hearing about more people banned. I'd just rather have more people playing the server that stopping a few folks from boxing. I know I am in the minority. Just when the server starts to get a nice healthy population again, the ban hammer comes out. The sun may be setting just over the horizon boys.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

If you show that you're sorry and won't do it again, a "permanent" ban is like 3-5 months or something.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 04-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maahes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am so sick of hearing about more people banned. I'd just rather have more people playing the server that stopping a few folks from boxing. I know I am in the minority. Just when the server starts to get a nice healthy population again, the ban hammer comes out. The sun may be setting just over the horizon boys.
NOT ENUFF TIN FOIL IN THIS POST!!
Bunn - 54 Cleric
Old 04-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maahes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is a clear and upfront rule of the server. It is also a very clear and upfront warning when asking for an ip exemption. It is also repeated frequently by the server staff through broadcast warnings.

It is the banned people's own fault for not following the simple rule.

If you stop enforcing the boxing rule and due to anyone being able to create as many accounts as they want, then you will have to box to compete or pretty much do anything on the server since a lot of people will just 2-6 box for their camps and not invite anyone to groups. This is an issue the server admins are trying to avoid, since EQ at its very core is a social game and requires class interdependence to accomplish goals.

I like the fact that boxing is not allowed, but at the same time there are aspects I miss from boxing on live, like being able to port myself whenever, power level my new characters The inherent limitation with boxing on live was that you or someone else had to pay that $15 a month for each account. On the EMU servers the same limitation does not apply, so people play as many characters at once as their computer(s) can handle (on the servers that allow it).
Old 04-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Fire Giant

But..it was my wife playing.
Closed Thread