Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 08:19 PM
Skeleton

Default Can not log in

Is any one els having a problem with the launcher?
Old 01-25-2013, 08:21 PM
Skeleton

Finaly got the server list can log in now.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:27 PM
Aviak

yeah having issues as well. still no luck
Old 01-25-2013, 08:37 PM
Kobold

Same stuff. also reverted to the old method (ante EQEmu patcher) and it's giving me a "Could not establish connection to serv" error. Was playing fine few hours ago ...

For info :

Quote:
Step 4 - EQHost File
In order for your client to connect to the EQEmulator Login Server (and not SOE's EQLive Login Server), you will need to change your eqhost.txt file to point at the correct location. Go into your EverQuest directory and locate the eqhost.txt file. Replace the contents of the file with the following (Remove any trailing spaces):

Titanium or Secrets of Faydwer:
[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5998

Seeds of Destruction/Underfoot:
[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5999

Step 5 - Creating Shortcut
Now, you will need to create a shortcut to launch EverQuest and bypass the EQLive patcher (if this step is not taken, you will launch the patcher and overwrite the EQHost.txt file that you just modified, making you connect to the global EQLive Login Server). To do this, go into your EverQuest directory. Locate the EQGAME.EXE file. Right-click on the file and select "Create Shortcut." You can rename this shortcut and drag it anywhere you'd like (most people like to put it on their desktop). Now, right-click that shortcut and select Properties. In the target box, you will see the path to the eqgame.exe file. We need to edit this so that it will pass an argument to that executable when the shortcut is launched. At the end of the text box (after any parentheses), add "patchme" (no quotes). Your target box should look similar to this:

"C:\Program Files\Everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme

Or if you do not have spaces in the path, it will look like this without quotes:

C:\Everquest\eqgame.exe patchme
Anyone else ?

EDIT : Somehow it worked, server lsit appeared after some time. Couldn't patch files with EQEmu Launcher, but was asked if I wanted to launch EQ wihtout patching files. Hit yes and I am in game.
Last edited by canardvc; 01-25-2013 at 08:46 PM..
Old 01-25-2013, 10:15 PM
Aviak

Trying to load server list over and over with the EQEmu patcher
Old 01-25-2013, 10:46 PM
Large Bat

Patcher is down, i've got a fresh install and i'm SoL until that gets fixed.. I dont have the spells files or all that to get on p99 =(
Old 01-25-2013, 10:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Patcher is down, i've got a fresh install and i'm SoL until that gets fixed.. I dont have the spells files or all that to get on p99 =(
Files are here I think. Then follow the instructions to bypass the launcher.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:04 PM
Planar Protector

Let me once again make this simple since this wont get stickied. Right click launcher background select start only everquest. You're welcome
Old 01-26-2013, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

Check the link in my signature for tech discussion FAQ. It addresses the problems you guys are having with the launcher.

I prefer not to use the launcher at all, since I only play on p99, and patches rarely come out. I only use the launcher when they do.

Always a good idea to post these threads in tech discussion too, btw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Old 01-26-2013, 10:45 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by joppykid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me once again make this simple since this wont get stickied. Right click launcher background select start only everquest. You're welcome
This. Simply right click on the launcher and click "Start everquest only" and you will be good to go. You don't need to connect to the EQEmu thing.
Closed Thread