Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 02:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also remember though for a lot of people it's about the journey. Playing a troll SK with that XP penalty? You'll still get there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm sure there'll be a bunch of min max halfling druids on day 1.
Dr00ds confirmed classic.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:24 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who disagree about it being bad, but it was indeed classic. Unfortunately for any would-be-hybrid players, it seems that the intent of this server is to recreate the "classic" progression as faithfully as possible,warts and all.
I'm sorry, but that is just stupid. It's like cutting off your nose to spite your face. It doesn't lessen the 'classic experience' to make it so certain classes won't be shunned for groups; not anymore than not having to stare at a spell book for thirty some levels does. They need to understand that while you can try to faithfully recreate the classic feel of the game, you can't put the internet knowledge genie back in the bottle. Back in the classic days, most people weren't aware of the hybrid xp penalty and very few people had even heard the term 'min/max'. It's different now and people's behaviors are different than they were back then.

Note: I understand the spellbook thing is a function of the client and can't be changed but they chose to use the Titanium client. They could have used the Velious client just as easily. I'm sure that client was still out there in people's hands and available. I know I still have my Luclin CDs kicking around in a box in the garage.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:41 PM
Kobold

I’m not sure how fun it’s going to be if the server has 3k people in classic. I don’t know if they would consider it but if the population was too high it would make sense to have 2 servers and eventually merge them.

I remember when Sony used to show server numbers and the Rathe had the highest but was around 2k during prime time. Whether that was classic, Kunark or Velious I can’t recall.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m not sure how fun it’s going to be if the server has 3k people in classic. I don’t know if they would consider it but if the population was too high it would make sense to have 2 servers and eventually merge them.

I remember when Sony used to show server numbers and the Rathe had the highest but was around 2k during prime time. Whether that was classic, Kunark or Velious I can’t recall.
Nice way to maximize manastones/guises for everyone. It's an interesting idea, but will it pay off?
Old 05-13-2019, 08:53 PM
Planar Protector

Greens population is going to be nuts initially, but it will almost certainly calm down.

After it does, if any server (Blue or Green) is hitting 3k or 4k when "calm" then I'm sure the staff will start considering opening up a new server (or adding instancing). It's just that that's a huge hassle and expense for them, and it's never been necessary in the project's 10 year history, so I imagine they're planning to wait until it's actually a problem before worrying ... and we should do the same.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice way to maximize manastones/guises for everyone. It's an interesting idea, but will it pay off?
Yeah that would maximize those items although I still imagine they will be socked like crazy.

I was mostly thinking of 300+ people in Lower Guk.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

Honestly I wonder if we'll see Holgresh Elder Bead type queues again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-13-2019, 08:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Greens population is going to be nuts initially, but it will almost certainly calm down.

After it does, if any server (Blue or Green) is hitting 3k or 4k when "calm" then I'm sure the staff will start considering opening up a new server (or adding instancing). It's just that that's a huge hassle and expense for them, and it's never been necessary in the project's 10 year history, so I imagine they're planning to wait until it's actually a problem before worrying ... and we should do the same.
Well as long as people aren’t quitting because it’s a miserable overcrowded experience that would be fine imo.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:21 PM
Planar Protector

At 3k population in Classic, individual muddite spawns in Gorge of King Xorbb will be camped for XP.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 05-13-2019, 10:12 PM
Planar Protector

I don't know where people are getting this 3k number that keeps getting tossed around from in the first place. I can't imagine there's 1k plus who will come back and stay, and blue would basically have to empty out which I don't see happening with all the time invested here.

If anything the population concern should be how much it splits blue or if one server or the other ends up too LOW pop.
Closed Thread