Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 11:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just asked what I'm not getting, and you aren't pointing it out. I have exactly what you said quoted, and still don't see what I'm missing. It's your job to make me understand your question if I don't supposedly understand it. I answered exactly what you asked. It is probable you that is fucking up and not asking properly what you want.
It isnt my job but I will try to explain for the 4th time what the question is.

Here is the original question:

"Let me explain to you for the thousandth time in this thread what scientist do:

1. Observe something then ask a question - "I wonder how big Earth is..."
2. Think of an experiment to determine an answer to that question - "With some fancy math and measurements of shadows from two locations that are far apart I can answer this!"
3. Conduct the experiment
4. Have others repeat the experiment to confirm the results. If they match up to yours...congrats. You just solved a question using the scientific method.

Tell me, Eliseus, why do you consider this process like a religion? Do churches/cults build massive telescopes, particle colliders, or launch rovers to Mars and I am unaware of it? When was the last time you see a preacher use a microscope to answer a question during his sermon?"

The number sentences 1-4 are only there to show you exactly what the scientific method is. They werent there as an example of how to form your answer. They were there only to show you what the scientific method was.

I then ask the question, "why do you consider this process like religion?". This is what I want answered. Another way to phrase it would be, "Are those 4 steps inherently religious? If you believe so please explain why". One other way to phrase the question, "Which of these 4 things is religious or are all 4 steps religious?"

I dont know any other way to explain the damn question. If you are able to answer it properly I may even crack open a beer to celebrate.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No not that kind
Quote:
Wait, doesn't even matter. They did horrible stuff in the name science, not Christ. It could been any religious denomination, wouldn't matter. Was still in the name of science.
Hitler was a devout roman Catholic. Have you ever listened to his speeches?
Old 09-22-2014, 11:06 PM
Banned

This is legit. PS. I was born with an extremely balanced and open Crown Chakra

http://thespiritscience.net/2012/03/...-with-chakras/
Old 09-22-2014, 11:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Wait, doesn't even matter. They did horrible stuff in the name science, not Christ. It could been any religious denomination, wouldn't matter. Was still in the name of science.
Is that why they had "Gott mit uns" on every Nazi belt buckle? I dont blame Christians/Catholics for Hitler's actions but holy hell...

Holding everyone accountable for the actions of a few is something a psychopathic God does. I have better sense than that.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
That's antihistorical garbage. In Mein Kampf, Hitler declares several times that he's doing god's work by exterminating the Jews. Furthermore, the Vatican refused to ban this outrageously anti-Semitic propaganda when they were in the business of banning any literature that they didn't deem appropriate at the time. In the SS, when you took your compulsory oath to the Führer, you were expected to say, "I swear by almighty god, undying fealty." On your belt, if you were soldiered in the Nazi army, you had to wear a buckle that read, "Gott mit uns"; German for "God on our side".

Like every other form of totalitarianism and fanaticism, this was religious in and of itself.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotElvis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Darwinism itself was always a social theory, not a scientific one. It was designed according...
Lol, lifted straight from:
http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/201...-dictatorship/

Did you read any of the page long copy/pastes I posted to mock you? I bet not. Why do you think anyone is going to read this tripe and respond to it point by point? You are being intellectually lazy. At the very least, have the decency to paraphrase the arguments and cite sources.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:18 AM
Sarnak

You guys are joking right? I mean seriously, you guys are joking right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josef_Mengele

You can even google real life experiences where people captured him claiming what he did "in the name of science".

We will start here, since you guys claim there was apparently no Nazi's that do anything in the name of science. I don't even know what to say, is this serious garbage?

The amount of horror stories you can find all due to "in the name of science" from the holocaust is momf blowing, just do 1 google search. Apparently it is all fake? I legitimately want to know, was all the science experiments that happened completely fabricated? Is the Holocaust real? I don't know anymore after being in this thread.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:37 AM
Planar Protector

Please. I can't believe you are honestly this daft. And I suppose because Jeffrey Dahmer drilled holes in his unconscious victims' heads and filled them with battery acid in an attempt to keep them alive while he had his way them, this can also be attributed to an apparent brainwashing scheme perpetrated upon humanity by the scientific community.

This is complete bullshit and you should be ashamed of yourself for even making the comparison. In the second sentence of the Wikipedia article for Josef Mengele, his experiments are described as unscientific. Just because there are a thousand idiots like yourself attempting - very poorly I might add - to rationalize sickly and immoral creationist, religionist ideologies by fabricating this conspiratorial nonsense doesn't mean I'm inclined to take it seriously for a second.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
You guys are joking right? I mean seriously, you guys are joking right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josef_Mengele

You can even google real life experiences where people captured him claiming what he did "in the name of science".

We will start here, since you guys claim there was apparently no Nazi's that do anything in the name of science. I don't even know what to say, is this serious garbage?

The amount of horror stories you can find all due to "in the name of science" from the holocaust is momf blowing, just do 1 google search. Apparently it is all fake? I legitimately want to know, was all the science experiments that happened completely fabricated? Is the Holocaust real? I don't know anymore after being in this thread.
Let's assume you are 100% correct and EVERY act the Nazis committed was "in the name of science". Nevermind, that it is demonstrably false. How is the scientific method (hypothesis, experiment, conclusion, peer review) responsible for the abuses? You keep giving the process personal traits which baffles me.

Should we also assume all abortion clinic bombings were committed "in the name of God". How about witch burnings? The Inquisition? The Crusades? How about the massacre of the Native Americans? What are the key differences between blaming religion and blaming a process like the scientific method?
Old 09-23-2014, 12:56 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

hey guys, its cool
Closed Thread