Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2020, 05:41 PM
Sarnak

I'm still crossing my fingers for a Kunark beta where all this speculation can get put to rest. I think the range on Fungi King should reach to at least the exit but p99 might be extra sadistic and say, "Camp the Fort Pussies."
Old 09-23-2020, 06:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
- CoS: minlvl 40, drops for 6 months
- Fungi staff: minlvl 60, drops for 1 month at a 0.000000001% drop rate
- Locket of Escape: minlvl 50, drops for 2 months
- Rod of Annihilation: minlvl 55, drops for 1 month
- Runed Fighters Staff: minlvl 55, drops for 2 months
- Torpor (hehe): minlvl 60, never stops dropping
Sorry but seeing this makes me think you don't understand camps and/or what's valuable.

-CoS - this isn't a static spawn nor even a single area. This is why there will be a bazillion of them just like on blue and they won't be worth anything just like it was on blue for about 9 years before the price started going up.
-Fungi staff - maybe this will be a list but more likely I see this is a normal group. You need a legit group to do this camp. So don't understand why it would be /list.
-Locket of Escape - agree
-Rod of Annihilation - not OP really just adds some flavor. Melee class dps is sick in Velious. No need for list.
-Runed Fighters Staff - monks are crazy OP in velious anyway what's it matter? Won't argue if the devs think it should be /list
-Torpor - what? This drops of off a lot of mobs and you need good groups for those mobs.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.J. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm still crossing my fingers for a Kunark beta where all this speculation can get put to rest. I think the range on Fungi King should reach to at least the exit but p99 might be extra sadistic and say, "Camp the Fort Pussies."
Kunark beta? You mean blue?

PS On Tunare the camp was the fort.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

Nothing will be a list item because Rogean isn't currently in the building.
And until he posts I'll believe this. His last post 07-28-2020
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:52 PM
Fire Giant

Fungi Tunic is not a legacy item and will likely not be listed.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
-Fungi staff - maybe this will be a list but more likely I see this is a normal group. You need a legit group to do this camp. So don't understand why it would be /list.
Your other points are legit, but I think you're missing the point of list. It's not whether it takes a group or not. It's whether any group of people (not an EQ 6-man group, but group as in any group of friends, a guild, etc.) can monopolize a /list item until it stops dropping. This is one of those items. List is mainly to lessen CSR burden and be an anti-monopoly mechanism that allows more people to have a shot at it.
Old 09-24-2020, 11:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
List is mainly to lessen CSR burden and be an anti-monopoly mechanism that allows more people to have a shot at it.
Only it did the opposite.
Rustymule - EC trader

RED
Node Red - [ANONYMOUS]
Chun Li - [ANONYMOUS]
Old 09-24-2020, 01:15 PM
Kobold

The trains at fungi king are going to be glorious

Better level fd class if you want to poopsock that list
Old 09-24-2020, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Only it did the opposite.
Fact Check: False

I was on /list for every item except mask - did a few items more than once. Rarely saw a GM around and it mostly them popping in to say a word or two and that's it. Saw very few arguments about /list either. Definitely some drama from people falling asleep and wanting to jump in line, but not too much.

Compare that to the drama of a NORMAL valuable item camp like FBSS, SMR, SSoY, GEBs, etc. AND amp that up 10x because it's a legacy item.... Yep.. /list so far has been super mild on the CSR side.

Before I joined the most elite troupe of epic raiders and became a member... I camped a manastone as an average Joe with no real connections, items, plat, etc. The /list gives someone the option to do it without being in "the right group."

The alternative is 1 group or 1 guild permalocking the camp with an ENDLESS "list" of their alt accounts, and nothing could be done about it.

There will ALWAYS be a list. It's just a question of what kind of list we want. The current version is the BEST version we've ever had.

CSR burden reduced, more people have a shot at the item.
Old 09-24-2020, 07:19 PM
Banned

How/when was it communicated that Green would have list camps for legacy items (I missed the initial launch of Green)? I imagine it was announced beforehand and that the items that will no longer drop/receive significant nerfs come Kunark will be dealt with in a similar fashion...

What do people will be the most sought after list item (I.e. the Manastone of Kunark)?
Closed Thread