Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 05:10 PM
Sarnak

Default I've got 99 alts and a main ain't 1.

IT'S BEGINNING!

I'm only level 16 and I'm starting to fall in love with every class that runs in front of me.

Here's my issue. My main is a rogue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I absolutely love playing him but as a casual player, I don't have 2 hours a day to spend lfg, before I join my group for 2 more hours of back-stab time. So after researching solutions online, the best (and only) solution that comes to mind is create an alt that is solo friendly while you lfg as your main.

Solo Classes That I Don't Want To Play
Druid - Too many, un-wanted even at 50. No thanks.
Necromancer - Impossible epic as casual player.
Magician - Seems hella boring, impossible epic as casual player, pets re-searchable and crazy $$$.
Enchanter - Too difficult to play well unless EQ pro?

Solo Classes I'm considering
Shaman - Too many, managing spell book is a nightmare?

Non-Solo Class I'm Considering
Cleric - Always needed right? seems boring though.
Bard - Too many, too difficult to play well unless EQ pro?

HELP ME DECIDE [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

P.S Looking for friends to level with 8pm+ EST (have mic)
Old 02-11-2020, 05:19 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Too difficult to play well unless EQ pro?
Soloing is hard in EQ. Some of the classes you listed are also the best at soloing, but you ruled them out because they're too hard. Maybe you don't want to solo after all, and just stick with a class that you find fun in groups?
Old 02-11-2020, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Static group is the way to go or at least a static duo that you can add to. I would love to form a static group, but can't seem to get any traction on it.
Old 02-11-2020, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

I think the option here is to play something that works well both solo and in groups.

The obvious ones are enchanters (eventually, CHA gear helps), necromancers, druids, shamans (a half decent weapon helps), and a shout out to clerics... they can solo, I played undead wizard through the 30s and 40s on my blue cleric on and off when I couldn't get a group.
Old 02-11-2020, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

To answer your question on alt, I'd say Monk since you like Rogue I'm assuming due to melee and being a damage dealer. Monks just have some extra tools that allow them to solo more effectively than a Rogue. I soloed most of my way to level 50 just binding wound to 50% and then tagging the next blue con mob. If I wasn't going to win, I feign death, bind wound back to 50% and try again.
Old 02-11-2020, 05:36 PM
Banned

gnome wizard, your welcome.
Old 02-11-2020, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

Bard is not that difficult, and it can be either a group or solo class. I think the people that claim bard is super hard don't actually play computer or video games that require regular consistent button pushing. I guess it's hard compared to a class in which you just press auto attack and watch the screen passively.
Old 02-11-2020, 06:14 PM
Banned

That's what I call the perpetual noob state - when you want to play every class and you only level to 20 and change your mind haha. I had that problem when I started 20 years ago on tarew marr but I was also like 14... what I always like to say is : play what is fun for you! even if that means making an alt for every class if you enjoy that.
Old 02-11-2020, 06:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To answer your question on alt, I'd say Monk since you like Rogue I'm assuming due to melee and being a damage dealer. Monks just have some extra tools that allow them to solo more effectively than a Rogue. I soloed most of my way to level 50 just binding wound to 50% and then tagging the next blue con mob. If I wasn't going to win, I feign death, bind wound back to 50% and try again.
Also, monk epic is pretty doable as a casual.
Old 02-11-2020, 07:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Static group is the way to go or at least a static duo that you can add to. I would love to form a static group, but can't seem to get any traction on it.
Honestly, before Green launched I thought this way, too.

But since every decent camp has players at it 24/7 I think it's actually a bit easier to get into pugs solo than it is to find a camp that you can bring your whole group to.

Once Kunark launches however, static group is 100% the way to go.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Closed Thread