Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2020, 12:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"People like him" what do you mean by that, what this guy did is perfectly normal and I don't understand why you would assume he would claim mobs he's not killing.

What he should have done is go solo/duo what's is left untouched and share basement happily. The other guy shouldn't care as long as you don't train him and don't pull the mobs he's killing.

By trying to push him out of his camp you would be the jerk.
I didn’t necessarily mean it in a derogatory way - I did side with the cleric after all. But if you are in that clerics position, you’re going to notice when the drops due to increased traffic. Also kind of assuming that if they were duo’ing that spot then they were probably at the higher end of the camps level range. At some point that cleric could come to realize that there is more efficient xp somewhere else and do that instead, especially if they need as many blues as possible to make it worth it.
Old 02-19-2020, 01:06 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The game is too old to sustain the modern autistic gamer
Old 02-19-2020, 01:08 AM
Banned

Unhappy

darn it, Maangchi!! you've hurt the community [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-19-2020, 01:11 AM
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheefpoker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Voting is the act of begging for scraps of what's already been stolen from us. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your pie looks better than mine, new lawyer pls for more apple pie 4 meee! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-19-2020, 01:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When our most valuable commodity in life is time,
If that was true we wouldn't spend it jerking into our cumboxes as we tell the the others the book was not up. Our most valuable commodity is love, which is why we hoard it so. If we spent a little bit of it these fucking threads would dry up and fly away and then we could all sit in Unrest and share the beetles.
Old 02-19-2020, 03:20 AM
Sarnak

Hate is the fuel that keeps you logging in though.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 02-19-2020, 04:30 AM
Planar Protector

It's a frustrating situation, but the cleric isn't wrong either. If they are killing the mobs that they are claiming, that demonstrates the group has the required strength to hold the camp without needing extra warmbodies.

I had a similar situation in MM 2 days ago. My brother and I duo'ing graveyard and pulling from pit below CE also. There's a group at pond pulling canyon already, there's a group at CE already, and there is another duo at tower/caitliff. We're already keeping down all the mobs available to us without pulling mobs over the top of other surrounding groups, but like 5 people showed up and got salty we didn't invite them. /shrug
Old 02-19-2020, 04:34 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe he's kind of an ass for doing this, but certainly not an RnF-worthy ass. Technically, your post is somewhat of the pot calling the kettle black if you look at it this way: he's trying to min/max his EXP per hour by doing this, and you're trying to min/max your EXP per hour by playing in a high ZEM zone.

The Unrest basement isn't the only place you could be, but you want that ZEM bonus. Don't rag on someone for min/maxing their EXP when you're essentially doing the same thing by focusing on Unrest and not going somewhere else without a ZEM.
above said it best re: what happened in game.

as far as rnf goes, this is a big flop. how do you rate a thread no stars?
Old 02-19-2020, 02:11 PM
Large Rat

Doesn’t seem any different than a level 50 camping for loot. It might kinda suck but really there are plenty of places to get exp. I personally don’t wait any more than 30 minutes for camp or group then move on. Gets you eco and more enjoyment instead of sitting all day doing nothing and getting your panties in a bunch.
Old 02-19-2020, 03:42 PM
Sarnak

I wish there was more incentive in classic to add group members. It's only a bonus of 2% per group member added. In later expansions, they made an update that upped the % considerably to entice max groups:

"As it stands in EverQuest, groups gain a 2% to 20% experience bonus, which we refer to as the "group bonus", for having two to six members. In practice, however, this has never been much of a bonus, even in the case of a full group, given that the experience was already being divided six ways.

As of this update, groups now gain 20% to 80% "group bonus" experience for having two to five members.

Full, six-person, groups now see an additional bonus. Their experience is only divided five ways, yet they still gain the 80% "group bonus." For those who think in terms of pie charts, it amounts to a larger piece of a larger pie. "

Sadly, this is not the case on P99.
Closed Thread