Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyways, if you're interested in lore this is pretty insane: http://home.comcast.net/~dfj21/history1.htm
Jackpot!
Old 01-31-2014, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyways, if you're interested in lore this is pretty insane: http://home.comcast.net/~dfj21/history1.htm
Haha I read that entire thing 3 or 4 years ago to try to figure out the trick to beating that stupid raid on PC.

But don't worry, the devs weren't that thoughtful they just arbitrarily made random combines you had to do that has 0 basis in lore to beat the event. Just dumb luck and lots of wasted trial/error trying combinations.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I think the most interesting thing about this is the points of lore that they decided to change later on (or so many people left the project that the original lore was lost). Examples:

Rujarkian Hills was added in LDON and was 100% orcs, although Rujark himself was never included.

Bugbears?

Was gnolls, not orcs/goblins.

Few creatures? When the Barren Coast was added it was teeming with all kinds of mobs and NPCs, there was even a town with merchants etc. No idea who the powerful hermit is, I don't think he exists.

Close. The wolves are actually werewolves, and there are orcs but no goblins. No dark tower, just Bloodmoon Keep which iirc was inhabited by more orcs.

This is surprisingly accurate for LOY content. Dulak never existed in the game, but there is a zone named after him. I guess the "cliff top fortress" was never introduced, but the Crypt of Nadox was pretty fortress-like. Technically Nadox was the leader and "boss" of the expansion (not counting the fight with Innoruuk), but I guess he's just an underling to Dulak.

Interestingly, it was kind of inaccurate to add Miragul to Everfrost for the Fiery Avenger quest. The Menagerie was added in LDON, but unfortunately Miragul himself wasn't included there. He was actually added as a raid fight a couple years ago in a recent expansion:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(Gotta go, but I'll update this a bit more later).

Pretty sure there were goblins in the Rujarkian hills LDoN's. Also the worgs in LP could be close enough to wolves.