Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2020, 06:41 AM
Sarnak

Default Most cast spell across server and all time

So me and my group were just rocking some Crocodiles in Oasis and discussing questions of great importance when this one came up: What's the most often cast spell across the server (and all time)?

We thought it might be SoW or Complete Heal.

Please discuss and if any GM reads this: are there any ways to track this?
Old 02-02-2020, 07:36 AM
Planar Protector

Root. Several classes get it, it is crucial CC solo and in many groups, it gets used instead of its upgrades most of the time, it lasts under a minute at max but sometimes only a tick, etc.

If you include bard songs repeating every 3 seconds as spell casts the maybe selos (all those tunnel bards at level 5) or hymn of restoration or something.

Sow only gets cast every 36 minutes and only by a few classes and not indoors. CH only gets cast by one class and is a mana hog and usually only is used on a 40ish+ tank or pet while other heals are used on most classes and in most situations.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 02-02-2020 at 07:42 AM..
Old 02-02-2020, 07:44 AM
Sarnak

I also thought about bard songs. However, there is not that many bards. Selo's is also outside only.

Regarding root: good idea as well - however: there are different root spells (different levels as well as different types (druid root vs. int caster root etc.)
Old 02-02-2020, 07:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also thought about bard songs. However, there is not that many bards. Selo's is also outside only.

Regarding root: good idea as well - however: there are different root spells (different levels as well as different types (druid root vs. int caster root etc.)
But a bard who afks is casting/singing a song every 3 seconds the whole time he is gone. A few level 5 tunnel bards will sing selos thousands of times in a single hour.

Your criticism of root is also off. I believe that root is the single most shared spell in the game (besides like, bind and gate that are used rarely). Cleric, shaman, paladin, necro, wizard, enchanter; that's the 2, 3, 4, most popular classes on green AND a few of the uncommon ones too. And though it gets upgrades, most people continue using "root" most of the time unless they eventually get "fetter" (which isn't until like 57-58 and is only wizards and enchanters). Root is often needed multiple times per mob due to short-ish duration, no resist mod, and breaking on damage. Etc.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 02-02-2020 at 07:52 AM..
Old 02-02-2020, 07:53 AM
Sarnak

The afk bard in the tunnel might indeed ruin the statistics. So let's go with "spell clicked" instead of cast. So twisting counts, while sitting afk 24h and letting a song run does not.

Is root cast really that often? I know Enchanters and Shamans use it for soloing a lot. But the others?
Old 02-02-2020, 08:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is root cast really that often? I know Enchanters and Shamans use it for soloing a lot. But the others?
I just checked my shaman's logs. I solod him most of the way from 1-50 starting on day 1, and have played him at 50 (though less than when I was leveling) over the last several weeks. He has cast just about 5,300 roots.

Even if enchanters and shamans were the only two classes to get root, do you really think another spell is getting cast more than that? When enchanters and shams are the #2 and #3 most common classes on the server? And root is also the best CC option for clerics and necros, the only one for paladins, and almost mandatory to survive for a wizard who isn't quadding? In addition to the stuff I've said before?
Old 02-02-2020, 09:31 AM
Sarnak

How often did u cast SoW? Just curious for comparison.
Old 02-02-2020, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
How often did u cast SoW? Just curious for comparison.
Just over 900 times [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"You begin casting Cannibalize." * 28,588 ... lol. But of course Canni 1 stops being used in Kunark and Velious, and only about 10% of characters ever will be able to cast it, so it still probably isn't getting used as much as root. I was more of a tryhard with canni than most shams, most likely. Although... really... the canni numbers surprised me. I considered saying canni in addition to root earlier but I figured not having it for 23 levels and then not using it super frequently because my regen was lower until chloro+ would keep it from being used THAT often. But nearly 30,000 canni casts in the last 100 days is pretty nutty for just 1 shaman. Hah.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 02-02-2020 at 09:45 AM..
Old 02-02-2020, 09:47 AM
Sarnak

I would think most classes that have root available use it at least some of the time. If I have root I've always had it loaded when grouping incase someone dotted an ADD and the enchanter can't get them under control with mez. Although not popular solo classes, root give both paladins and clerics more flexible solo options.
Old 02-02-2020, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Fun thread.

I dug up the logs for my main enchanter Izmael on Blue. They aren't complete but I leveled him in 2015-2016 mostly solo or duo, heavily using charm mechanics all the way to 60. The logs start at him being level 5, and end in 2019 when he was 60 for a long time and was mainly used for very casual raiding.

Total spells cast (filtered by "You begin casting"): 45012
This includes many clicky spells. For some reason, Jboots aren't logged as a "You begin casting", but the Rod of Insidious Glamour is. So, unsurprizingly, Alliance is at the very top of my casted spells, yet Jboots is nowhere to be seen.

Here are the spells I casted more than 100 times throughout the leveling of the character. I didn't really play him much at 60 for anything but tedious raiding where I mainly acted as a buff bot and garbage-tier CC'er / charmer where applicable. The number is the times I cast this spell. Those who want their logs analysed in such a fashion can send me the log files and I'll crunch them for you.

Code:
    104 Collaboration
    112 Cast Sight
    118 Alacrity
    119 Invisibility
    123 Chaotic Feedback
    124 Chaos Flux
    127 Wandering Mind
    133 Gift of Insight
    133 Shield of the Magi
    135 Recant Magic
    138 Enfeeblement