Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2020, 05:55 AM
Kobold

Default Mistmoore is a nightmare

Literal nightmare and train fuel
Old 02-10-2020, 07:22 AM
Kobold

Mistmoore was some of the best fun I’ve had on Green thus far, love that zone.
Old 02-10-2020, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

Someone in another thread was saying one of the reasons they quit after the merge was because Mistmoore was empty. I assumed they were exaggerating which sounds like they were lol
Old 02-10-2020, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

I might still be camped out at the zone in there if you want to feel 90% better about dying.

-Mcoy
Old 02-10-2020, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Pathing is definitely different from Blue a few years ago... I don’t know if this is Classic or not how pathing is intended after recent pathing/Z axis changes, but makes pulling MM more of a challenge and more dangerous. Tips I've learned:

If you are pulling the gypsy/piano room out to CE or lobby, if you do not babysit mobs coming out of that sunken down floor where the piano is, they will bounce around after you run back to CE and sometimes go thru the wall, end up I don't know where, and pull a huge train.

If you are pulling off to the left of that room, like the room where the gypsy ambassador is, if you do not babysit the pull coming back, it will path into the leftmost entrance of the gypsy/piano room, come out the right entrance, THEN path through the archway into lobby and now you've aggroed that entire room if you didn't clear it first.

If you are pulling upstairs towards Princess room, soon as mobs hit the corner right before going down the stairs to follow you, they just drop down a floor and then path back up towards you from the lobby while you are looking to see where it went, possibly aggroing the gypsy/piano room if it was not clear. Same with the 3 or 4 mobs in the library up the stairs towards the right above the lobby archway... they will drop down a floor thru the stairs and then path back up to you via the lobby.

Bottom line... if you're not a FD class, lull/harmony pull gypsy/piano room right to left, and babysit the pull coming out of there until it gets to the archway in lobby. You can stop babysitting after it reaches the archway... pathing seems fine the rest of the way out. Once the gypsy/piano room is clear, it won't accidentally aggro when a mob you're pulling from another area paths into that room before coming out the other side and eventually following you thru the archway.

Shitcan your pets unless you are pulling to a room. If you roam around in the castle with a pet, it will do the same pathing weirdness as an NPC and you will end up with a train (I'm looking at you, enchanter who kept causing trains all last night... you and your group know who you are.)

Mostly common knowledge but still relevant:
Trains from the castle, if they make it past GY, will likely path back into the castle through GY, caitiff, and Lasna camps, so they need to keep their head on a swivel.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 02-10-2020, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Could be classic maybe? I do remember MM being much more of a train fest back in the day than it is now lol. Although that could also just be because people now are way better at the game and pulling strategies.
Old 02-10-2020, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Word association - hold up a card saying "Mistmoore" and most EQ players will say "trains"
Old 02-11-2020, 04:19 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I was in MM for a few levels, the pathing can get a bit crazy in the castle and trains did happen fairly often, but it wasn't too bad - I had a good time there and also managed to get some nice items from the named mobs.
Old 02-11-2020, 12:56 PM
Kobold

We used to call the zone Mistmoore Station in my guild back in the day. Trains departing for zone every five minutes.
Old 02-11-2020, 01:40 PM
Banned

basically if people are pulling the castle they have to accept if they overpull they need to die and not kill everyone else camping in tunnel or graveyard or pond / ent

zone is fine its shitty players that dont know how to function in this type of zone

on p99 one asshole would rather save his own life and kill 20 people.
Closed Thread