Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 10:01 PM
Orc

Default What's up with the boat??

I had a shock when I saw the boat for the first time.. as it's not the one I remember from classic.

So my question is: Was this the original design? I didn't join until July 99 (Brell) which was four months after release.. so it might have changed between where we are now and the time point we're currently at on Green.

Thanks!
Old 02-14-2020, 10:17 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=14310
Old 02-14-2020, 10:32 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you!
Old 02-15-2020, 12:21 AM
Orc

Too bad none of those links work [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is how I remember it <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2fFbWIUUQQ
Last edited by Zephire; 02-15-2020 at 12:22 AM.. Reason: add video link
Old 02-15-2020, 07:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Too bad none of those links work [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is how I remember it <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2fFbWIUUQQ
This is how I remember it as well, much nicer small boat!

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 02-15-2020, 03:57 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is how I remember it as well, much nicer small boat!
Which didn't clip through the dock when it pulls in LOL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-15-2020, 11:30 PM
Banned

What are the white sleeves mentioned in that nilbog thread for humans . Don’t think I ever saw that before
Old 02-16-2020, 05:06 AM
Kobold

Why would the authentic boat not work for P99? Nilbog says it's hollow and doesn't collide with the players in the client, but then how would it have even worked in retail then?
Old 02-16-2020, 05:26 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would the authentic boat not work for P99? Nilbog says it's hollow and doesn't collide with the players in the client, but then how would it have even worked in retail then?
Retail used what is essentially a entirely different game engine and used an earlier version of Direct X. Some things like night vision and boats were broken when the game engine was updated along with Shadows of Luclin. Retail simply did away with boats in favor of translocators. On p99 we are given the weird levitation solution. I would imagine the old boat with it’s smaller surface area, thinner surfaces and split level configuration would make the p99 solution to fixing boats very problematic and from a practical standpoint it just made sense to use the larger beta boat.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 02-17-2020, 03:06 AM
Large Rat

I remember the original boat was pretty glitchy back in the day. Mobs would sometimes get on board during the ride and kill everyone. You could fall through the floor on the lower level or slide through the walls and be left swimming in the ocean. A lag spike could also leave you stranded in the water. From the water you could get in front of the boat and swim through to appear on the lower level. If you went linkdead on the boat, you would likely come back to find your character naked at bind point and a lost corpse that took hours to find.
Closed Thread