Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

51+ spells never worked on people under a certain level. I think it was 45. The exception was group spells which worked well into PoP.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:10 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, where lies the uncertainty in getting this changed?
It would be work to change all of the spells, but very doable. It would be more work to revert changes.

Quote:
What kind of information are you looking for to make something like this happen?
Take a look through the class spells. Make sure there are no caveats to this rule (aside from group spells).

That would help a lot.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:59 PM
Banned

This one's straight forward. We have the patch notes for group spells being fixed and you the formula for level allowed per buff received.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Developer

Fixed, pending update.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Banned

Well holy shit Kanras, way to keep it classic dawg.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

What fix is pending?

There were no level restrictions on buffs in classic EQ(classic-velious). No proof provided here either.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What fix is pending?

There were no level restrictions on buffs in classic EQ(classic-velious). No proof provided here either.
Yes, there were. It will be explanatory per use, but an example as a magician. The highest single target dmg shield possible was a 25 pt, level 49 spell. I couldn't cast a level 56 Cadeau of Flame on a level 1. I could, however, group with the level 1, and cast level 60 Aegis of Ro, with myself targeted.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog
Yes, there were. It will be explanatory per use, but an example as a magician. The highest single target dmg shield possible was a 25 pt, level 49 spell. I couldn't cast a level 56 Cadeau of Flame on a level 1. I could, however, group with the level 1, and cast level 60 Aegis of Ro, with myself targeted.
I remember this too, but not in kunark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQ Patch Notes
------------------------------
September 30, 2001
------------------------------
Firiona Vie Server Feature List:

This is a new server, not a split server. Nor will there be any transfers to this server.

Characters will be wiped before the server goes Live.

This is a PvE (Player vs. Environment) server, NOT a PvP (Player vs. Player) server. In other words, it's a standard 'blue' server with the same rules and features regarding PvP as the vast majority of our servers. It is not one of the 'Zeks'.

Auction restricted to city zones: Qeynos, Surefall Glade, Highkeep, Freeport, Rivervale, Erudin, Halas, Neriak, Grobb, Oggok, Greater Faydark, Ak'Anon, Kaladim, Felwithe, Paineel, Cabilis, Kael and Thurgadin.

Beneficial buff spells will not work on characters 20 levels lower than the caster.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/hist...es-2001-2.html
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20011008.html

Thats all I can find on buff level restrictions in classic era, and it was limited to Firiona Vie server.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:32 PM
Banned

You know what I got on this one? I know for a fact this is true :P.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this how it works on eqmac. you can use group buffs to ignore the level restriction of higher level buffs. its how lowbies get Nine there as well as other goodies.