Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 09:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This discussion of class-only usable clickie items opens up an interesting box though. It would mean that necromancers, shaman, shadowknights & enchanters should all be denied the use of Reclaim Energy from the Magician pet focus items. It's of course classic that the other classes can make use of them even if they can't be equipped, but you see my point.

I guess the key issue is one of "how much does it trivialize raiding?" for an item in question. But it's not far off to see that some might view the difficulty in drawing a line at one spot instead of another.
not really difficult to deicde, soulfire gives everyone in a raid 5 clicky complete heals, reclaim gives you 80 mana
Old 10-22-2019, 10:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not really difficult to deicde, soulfire gives everyone in a raid 5 clicky complete heals, reclaim gives you 80 mana
Oh, I completely agree. I guess I'm just mildly concerned that if the staff breaks down and agrees that Soulfire needs a class limit, that butthurt raiders will use the move as a springboard to get other items nerfed out of spite. Drugs are kinda real here.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:18 PM
Sarnak

I agree, should be pally only, clickable from inventory.

I think one effect of this will be an uptick in clerics, because more of them will be needed on raids when half your force doesn't have access to 5 instant cheals.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:19 PM
Kobold

I mean it is a slippery slope on the coolness of items that allow you to use a class specific skill on a class other than what has access to it (see guise of deceiver). but most of those are balanced in a way that are more an interesting quirk, or just a quality of life improvement.

in the example of reclaim energy, the only class that doesn't inherently have that spell is the shaman. which imho that class has enough going for it.

But i do get what you are saying where lawyer-questing comes in and the what-aboutisums come rolling in, when taking a deep breath and not being a neck beard is presented with some basic info. Soulfire is a paladin quest, for a paladin sword that has a neat effect. So instead of making paladins fight the spectrum that p99 brings out in all of us to get a neat paladin sword, just nerf the damn thing. if for no other reason to save yourself the petitions.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What's your verdict on the /list?
Old 10-22-2019, 10:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it's classic then
shit's classic

sorry dude
You know what's classic? Nobody knowing what's going on and taking 25+ days played to get to 50. Remove the stuff we can all exploit thanks to knowledge and the internet.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:57 AM
Sarnak

Signed.
Old 10-23-2019, 01:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's your verdict on the /list?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know what's classic? Nobody knowing what's going on and taking 25+ days played to get to 50. Remove the stuff we can all exploit thanks to knowledge and the internet.
First, Don't double post in green discussion.

/list is good

The argument that things are being "exploited" due to modern knowledge is an endless argument against anything people deem "exploitable". This is one issue that I disagree with nilbog on. If it was in classic it should be on green. Exploits and all.

Now that said. Soulfire clickie is not an exploit, it's an item that has a clickie mechanic.
shit's classic
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-23-2019, 01:11 AM
Planar Protector

@Nilbog @Rogean a compromise could be to era lock the Soulfire clicky so it's not usable until the very end of the timeline (ie only on Blue).

But I too would support a global change to make the click paladin only. For whatever my opinion is worth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-23-2019, 01:23 AM
Planar Protector

What don't people understand about
Classic Everquest

Where is the line drawn if we cry loud enough for the staff to make a nonclassic change?
I'm not innocent of crying loudly. So it's easy for me to spot.

If they want to make a change on Blue, fine I guess.
Green should remain pure however.

edit: I just don't understand why this is suddenly an issue for people after 10 years.
Sorry I can't relate and i've seen all content p99 has to offer.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 10-23-2019 at 01:29 AM..
Closed Thread