Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: What will be your primary class on Green, considering the Classic changes?
Bard 41 7.18%
Cleric 53 9.28%
Druid 67 11.73%
Enchanter 64 11.21%
Magician 39 6.83%
Monk 26 4.55%
Necromancer 52 9.11%
Paladin 29 5.08%
Ranger 36 6.30%
Rogue 31 5.43%
Shadow Knight 34 5.95%
Shaman 46 8.06%
Warrior 27 4.73%
Wizard 26 4.55%
Voters: 571. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 09:10 PM
Kobold

I'm torn between Bard, Monk, and Shaman. I know there will be a lot of other Shamans around, but I enjoy that class from what I've seen of it, and I've only gotten one up to mid 30s.

I've played many Monks over the years and always had fun, plus I know it will be a relatively nice pick for classic without any gear. Bards are awesome and I'd like to try it, but the idea of constantly twisting does seem like it might get annoying.

So many choices, so little time.

As they ground to make XP holy . . . let us twink to make it free; our EQ marches on!
Old 10-23-2019, 09:28 PM
Aviak

My first toon ever was a Mage back in late 99 & haven't played one since then.

Will be rolling a Warrior very soon after that though. Can't wait to quest hard for some crafted and get some dual wield YAKS baby.
Old 10-23-2019, 10:26 PM
Sarnak

Someone make me feel better about going Erudite cleric for my main. I've always wanted to roll one but I'm afraid I'm gonna be blind and bored af.
Old 10-23-2019, 10:33 PM
Planar Protector

I was perusing the classic-era Legacy of Steel screenshots linked in this thread and came upon this one from the height of Velious: http://www.legacyofsteel.net/gallery.../groupshot.jpg

Notice anything?

No Iksar Monks! No Iksars at all!

When you're on the bleeding edge of raid competition with the classic release schedule (only 7 months of Kunark before Velious!) there simply isn't going to be time to level and gear up an Iksar character. Kunark on Green is going to be a full-out sprint to get everyone to 60 and keyed for VP. Any guild that stops and decides that powerleveling Iksar Monks is a productive use of its time is going to be left in the dust. It goes back to what I said earlier: if you want to play a raiding Monk on Green, don't think that waiting for Iksar is the smart move. You will put yourself in a major hole compared to the level 50 Human Monks who will be sprinting out the gate at Kunark release with full Fear and Sky gear, ready to proc their new T-staffs from day one.
Old 10-23-2019, 10:34 PM
Kobold

On classic, I played Alkaiser the Erudite cleric on E'ci. On P99 blue I played Alkaiser the Erudite cleric. On red I played Alhazad the Erudite paladin. I've always loved Erudites and I find it difficult to break away from that race as my main choice.

However, I do want to play a rogue. I'm thinking I'll take the leap and play either a human warrior or human rogue.

Though, I may go with a bard.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHusk2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On classic, I played Alkaiser the Erudite cleric on E'ci. On P99 blue I played Alkaiser the Erudite cleric. On red I played Alhazad the Erudite paladin. I've always loved Erudites and I find it difficult to break away from that race as my main choice.

However, I do want to play a rogue. I'm thinking I'll take the leap and play either a human warrior or human rogue.

I mained a human rogue on blue. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-23-2019, 11:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still going with a troll sk this time. But I will be making the run to neriak upon creation.
I've changed my mind on race. I'm just going to stick with what I love. Dark Elf Shadowknight.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHusk2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Oh man I mailed a Human Warrior back from soon after launch till about 2004ish. It took me so long leveling (partially because I didn’t know what I was doing) that it was like 5 months before I even made an alt. I remember being stunned at all the stuff casters could do that I couldn’t lol
Old 10-24-2019, 05:13 AM
Fire Giant

I think I'm locked into Ranger, but may last minute waffle to Paladin or SK.

WE Ranger or HE Paladin seem like they'd have a good starting path with infravision and easy access to Crushbone, Unrest and Mistmoore, but Human Ranger or Erudite Paladin are just sweet--not to mention I've never done Blackburrow before. On the other hand, the nightblindness of the beta does scare me off a bit.

For SK I was thinking Ogre, but unfortunately, I've done Oasis/Upper Guk to death. So there's less novelty in leveling path. I'm mainly drawn to the dead simple tanking, QoL features, and the fact I've never played an FD class before.

My main goal is really to level in Cazic-Thule and grab some Rubicite and maybe a DE mask.

Both SK and Ranger seem a lot more convenient than Paladin, but something about stunning caster mobs gets me really excited.
Old 10-24-2019, 05:21 AM
Planar Protector

I'm surprised wizzy only has 19 votes so far.
Wizard nukes are in high demand during classic and kunark.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread