Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Green Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 09:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Can confirm the exp is very much nerfed. I understand why they did it, but doing it without any warning really foiled a lot of people's plans. A heads up or some kind of transparency with communication would be appreciated.
Old 10-26-2019, 01:42 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Got .5 of a level at level 3 from 16 bone chip turn ins in Kaladim (64 chips).

Should have been ~2 levels. This was the case on both Blue and Green beta.

Seems as if the max quest xp cap may have been slashed. IIRC it was ~13%.. now it's closer to ~3%.
I turned in 9 full stacks and got barely over halfway through level 4. I thought this was just what experience rates were like at launch, and I got INCREDIBLY disheartened by it.

I understand the devs were afraid that the higher spawn rates were going to mess things up but.. like... real talk? I had to camp a single skeleton spawn point for about 4-5 hours to get that many bone chips. There was nothing to go around in North Ro, even with whatever spawn rate increase there was.

I don't want to be all salty and grumpy about it on the forums and all, but.. I spent a huge chunk of my day working on that quest. And I just want my levels...
Old 10-26-2019, 02:07 AM
Fire Giant

Has anyone checked crushbone belts yet?

I tried the black wolf skin turnin in wizard guild in Felwithe, as well as warrior guild in Kelethin quest with pelts/chips/eyes/fur and each was about 1% exp at level 4 per turn in. Pretty sad.
Old 10-26-2019, 06:14 AM
Sarnak

I would like to know why the developers changed this, when it shouldn't be this low.
Old 10-26-2019, 07:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would like to know why the developers changed this, when it shouldn't be this low.
Probably to get people to spread out more quickly and not slum CB and BB well into their 20s for belts and fangs.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 10-26-2019, 07:47 AM
Kobold

I see why they did it, but disagree with thw reasoning. There are no mobs to kill at level 3/4 because the amount of people. At the very least i could have done quests for xp but now that is not an option either.
Old 10-26-2019, 08:07 AM
Planar Protector

Just so you guys know, the mad rush with nothing to kill was EQ on launch day. Throw in some CERFnet issues and packet loss and you're reliving 99!
Old 10-26-2019, 08:11 AM
Planar Protector

Its a trade off for the unclassic super fast respawns that are happening now
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-26-2019, 08:21 AM
Kobold

Even with the super fast respawns there still arent enough mobs for the amount of players. They should turn the normal xp back on for the quests.
Old 10-26-2019, 08:35 AM
Planar Protector

I see plenty of mobs up. Lvl 4 constant pulls here
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread