Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Green Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2019, 08:49 AM
Kobold

What zone are you in and did people actually let you join their group? I was in steamfont where there were over 150 people on. There were over 200 people in gfay and over 120 people on butcherblock.
If you are going to set up a server so that it is classic you should keep the quests the same as they were in classic. I understand thst these quests weren't as well known on release, but nothing was known on release. Nobody knew how to trade skill or where to buy spells or even where to level at.
Old 10-26-2019, 09:34 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see why they did it, but disagree with thw reasoning. There are no mobs to kill at level 3/4 because the amount of people. At the very least i could have done quests for xp but now that is not an option either.
The problem this actually solves is for if you're a lvl1, with bone chip xp at full value you would find 0 decaying skellies to kill because lvl 5/6 etc would still be destroying them all. With the xp nerfed on bone chip quests initially, there's no incentive to keep just mopping up all the low level skeletons When they stop giving xp for the kills. This actually will make things significantly better for the people who are just starting in the next couple days.
Old 10-26-2019, 12:15 PM
Sarnak

Maybe where you were. Would have been nice to see a bit less fast respawn and a bit more quest exp for balance. Nerfing the exp right out of the quests isn't as balanced.
Old 10-26-2019, 12:18 PM
Large Rat

Eh, I just see it as a good faith attempt to let things be fun for everyone by the devs. No matter how they tried to deal with it, a bunch of people would be pissed off right now.

End of the day, in a week or two things will calm down a bit and the player base will stratify into power gamers and more casual. It'll sort itself out
Old 10-26-2019, 12:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWXJZVRZLAD [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eh, I just see it as a good faith attempt to let things be fun for everyone by the devs. No matter how they tried to deal with it, a bunch of people would be pissed off right now.

End of the day, in a week or two things will calm down a bit and the player base will stratify into power gamers and more casual. It'll sort itself out
Sure, because some people doing quests ruins fun for people trying to kill mobs. So naturally the devs nurfed the quests do that those people are forced to go compete for single spawns, increase KSing, making things more fun for EVERYONE.

When you frame it that way, makes total since. I just wish that they had nurfed this thing that that they knew about earlier or made some comment about it.
Old 10-26-2019, 01:27 PM
Kobold

I don't know what zones you have been in, but because of the population in steamfont as soon as skellies pop they are killed. I was lucky to find a spawn point and just sit on it. Thats is why a little added experience for the quest would be beneficial especially in the beginning. It helps with the bog in the low level zones in my opinion.
Closed Thread