[nec]
[MAG]
[enc]
[clr]
[wr]
[m]
Old 02-02-2021, 11:43 AM
Aviak

Haha I do actually have a Level 6 mage as well. I left him off the list because the play style may actually be too simple, even for me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Bit of a tangent, and I'm sure I can find this info on the wiki, but aside from +hp rings, some banded armor, and a poison wind censer (along with the fungi of course) are there any must have shaman items I should be looking out for in the mid levels? Or should I just slowly swap out for nicer pieces as I adventure? Questing some obsolete Totemic armor could be fun as long as I can get XP at the same time...
Old 02-02-2021, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

If you had a haste item already on your account maybe switch it over.. but I'm not sure I'd blow the cash on one frankly. And you should be focusing like I said on squeezing as much plat out of your exp grinding as possible so you can afford a JBB by 45.
Old 02-02-2021, 06:39 PM
Sarnak

fungi + haste item + granite face grinder makes lvling a shaman to 51 so easy
Old 02-02-2021, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

JBB spam will take a steaming dump all over that setup.
Old 02-02-2021, 06:53 PM
Sarnak

Best JBB spot 45-51? asking for a friend....
Old 02-02-2021, 08:52 PM
Sarnak

Play whichever one lights your fire. They’re all great options that will definitely find groups (Necro charm DPS in KC/Hole, get outta here). My favorite groups in EQ are the weird ones where you find a way to win, sure it’s not max xp per hour, but isn’t “winning” EQ about max fun per hour?

For solo this is my thought on rankings but man it’s razor thin and depending on a few pieces of gear and your skill it’s could go anyway.

Solo ease: Necro > Shaman > Enchanter (can be skill dependent but really not difficult) > monk
Solo power: Enchanter > Necro > Shaman (ungeared) > Monk
Old 02-03-2021, 11:59 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you had a haste item already on your account maybe switch it over.. but I'm not sure I'd blow the cash on one frankly. And you should be focusing like I said on squeezing as much plat out of your exp grinding as possible so you can afford a JBB by 45.
Pretty much my thoughts. I'll stick with the stuff I've already got (I moved my SCHW from monk to shaman for fun) and just add a few minor upgrades that I obtain naturally through play. Seems reasonable to think I could save up JBB money by Level 45 if I level in the right spots. I'm also assuming the wiki price for JBB is off at the moment. Looks like someone spamming a ridiculous number to me.

Thanks again for the insight.
Old 02-04-2021, 01:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaser95 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best JBB spot 45-51? asking for a friend....
I'm on green and only just now got my JBB, but I had a good time soloing temple in CoM for some steady, stress-free exp 50-52. Adding a JBB into the mix will only make things go faster.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 02-05-2021, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

JBB is indeed the way to go. It will increase your kill speed faster than a Fungi. From 45-55 killing guards is the way to go if you can get the camps. Good money and XP, and no guards are especially cold resistant.