Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2021, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle
Default "AFK CAMP" leveling 52 druid

Hey guys, I work from home at my job, I used to camp various classic zones pre kunark/velious at areas where i could root/nuke mobs and come back 10minutes later rinse/repeat.

Does anyone have some tips for good locations to do this on a 52 druid to earn some slow grinding xp while i work through the day? Also bonus points if it's something with a nice druid upgrade as well!

Thanks for any help!
Old 08-13-2021, 02:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quadding Spirocs or Racnars in TD is unfortunately the answer. Especially helps if you have a lumi staff.
Old 08-15-2021, 04:11 PM
Orc

at 52 you can also do wyverns in CS. it helps to have faction with CoV. you dont lose it as you kill the wyverns, but you arnt kos as you get set up. most folks quad them. lumi stafff helps like 2chain said, but could def just root/rot and nuke if thats more your speed. jokers are loaded with all sorts of velious gems, vendor trash, and loads and loads of skins.
Old 08-15-2021, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Unpopular opinion: or just find a safe place to dot rot a few mobs and med back up. This is an AFK friendly game, usually.

There are plenty of ways to level a Druid. Some are far more efficient than others. Quadding locks you into a few fairly high traffic areas. I bought a lumi staff at 46 and hit 53 in Grobb just faux-JBB’ing single targets. Was about 3x quicker than dot rotting and made like 10k or so.

Soloing you only need one consistent blue spawn every 6 mins 40 seconds to hit 60 in a leisured pace. BB dwarves or Neriak maybe? Watch some Netflix.
Last edited by Snaggles; 08-15-2021 at 06:15 PM..
Old 08-16-2021, 12:13 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unpopular opinion: or just find a safe place to dot rot a few mobs and med back up. This is an AFK friendly game, usually.

There are plenty of ways to level a Druid. Some are far more efficient than others. Quadding locks you into a few fairly high traffic areas. I bought a lumi staff at 46 and hit 53 in Grobb just faux-JBB’ing single targets. Was about 3x quicker than dot rotting and made like 10k or so.

Soloing you only need one consistent blue spawn every 6 mins 40 seconds to hit 60 in a leisured pace. BB dwarves or Neriak maybe? Watch some Netflix.
Yeah I can definitely level "actively' doing quadding and various things of that nature, I was hoping people had some afk safe spots with static spawns that are as you said dark blue/even con solo pulls, can even be in a dungeon as long as it can be safely reached. I am not a fan of outdoor areas if they are popular for quadding but maybe ill try the CS wyverns or something.

With active work during the day I need to be able to kill a mob and sit/med and not think about it again until they spawn again. That's pretty close to how I leveled from 10-50 in classic, although I did occasionally quad in oggok or spectres when available due to the nature of the camps being somewhat static.
Old 08-17-2021, 02:15 PM
Sarnak

Highkeep bards - two level 40's on an 18 minute respawn that will stay dark blue through 54. From what I've heard, the zone is a lot less populated since the ZEM nerf and now the recent merchant aggro bug.
Old 08-17-2021, 03:23 PM
Fire Giant

frost giants in great divide
Old 08-17-2021, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

Ice Giants in Permafrost should be pretty good eh?
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 08-23-2021, 05:22 PM
Aviak

Root rot in the entrance or one of the corners of KC would be my suggestion, it's fairly safe to go afk/med there (not 100% though) Buff everyone at entrance that way when you have time to grp you'll have a good rep and people will be happy to grp with you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-25-2021, 10:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ice Giants in Permafrost should be pretty good eh?
At the permafrost ent in everfrost would be really good yeah. 3 singles on 6 min timers, usually can at least get one spawn. Good cash camp too
Closed Thread