Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 07:34 AM
Banned

Default Americans: stop making houses off wood !

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e4d_1385094030

Is it a long tradition or something ? Looks to me you could us a bit more concrete over there! Maybe I'm mistaken but USA is the continent most affected by tornadoes. It must seriously suck to have your house destroyed like that :/

Also, is having a shelter mandatory? 'Cause it looks like this couple wouldn't have made it out without it.
Last edited by Godefroi; 11-22-2013 at 07:36 AM..
Old 11-22-2013, 08:03 AM
Planar Protector

Josie needs this...

But yeah that was horrible to see. I know if a tornado like that hit the UK we'd be totally screwed.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

Underground or partially underground homes is the answer. Not only will it survive a tornado, but it will be energy efficient.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:14 AM
Banned

Is pretty much how I was when I saw one up close and personal. Its just shocking, the noise is like a loud train just plowing through. Scary as fuck.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

1) That house was not "destroyed". It took some minor damage.

2) Those have to be the two most annoying people on Earth. If you're a man and you have a hysterical wife, you don't exaggerate the damage and scare her more. You don't sit there screaming obscenities and freaking her out. Be a fucking man.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2) Those have to be the two most annoying people on Earth. If you're a man and you have a hysterical wife, you don't exaggerate the damage and scare her more. You don't sit there screaming obscenities and freaking her out. Be a fucking man.
I like you.

That guy is a total pussy. Way to scare the fuck out of your wife, as if shes not afraid already. Even if shit is hitting the fan, you don't let her know that. Reassure her that it's going to be alright.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Lol there's something so incredibly sexist about what you two just said, but it's also true.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol there's something so incredibly sexist about what you two just said, but it's also true.
Don't get me wrong. I think the woman is a whiny, overhysterical cow, but men are kind of expected to be able to keep their emotions in check a little better.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't get me wrong. I think the woman is a whiny, overhysterical cow, but men are kind of expected to be able to keep their emotions in check a little better.
I'm surprised he posted the video on the internet. While its a fairly good video of the destruction it makes him out to be extremely weak, especially with his wife somewhere in the background screaming - why not console her? (as in hug, not as in "hit her over the head with an xbox"). I'd quietly delete it myself.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

That was his daughter, not wife. Way to call a 9 year old girl in a tornado a "whiney, overhysterical cow."

I can't imagine how socially crippled and autistic some of you must be IRL sometimes.
Closed Thread