Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 01:16 AM
Banned

Default Dual boxing

Why is it that whenever I struggled with moving loot, or dealing with merchants who wouldnt sell, I never considered just making a mule, getting an ip exemption, then having it easy?

I've reported lots of times when I suspected dual boxing and I am not really sure if it ever gets enforced, or its just when people hop on for 20 seconds to transfer an item.

Today in Lfay, I watched for over an hour this situation of an iksar killing sisters, then trading spears to a completely idle gnome. eventually he would cast SOW on the gnome, then run him over to sell, while the shaman sat 100% idle.

I ran a char there who wasnt invis, and he logged the gnome out immediately, but it was back as soon as I returned on the invis char.

I dont get it

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Alright, forgot it, its just something that gets enforced right? Its not like someone trains entire zones while someone is standing there idle, then the high level char goes idle while the lower level kills everything, with identical names

Why do I even try to play when I know people are cheating, literally cheating and getting away with it?

It really gets under my skin.
Old 07-16-2016, 01:41 AM
Sarnak

Snitches get stitches
Old 07-16-2016, 01:43 AM
Banned

I'm not going to claim this isn't somewhat suspicious behavior, but get the stick out of your ass mr. box stasi.

Maybe these people are in a bdsm relationship or something and bottom bitch does the vendor / buffing when he's not under the table blowing. U don't know. Judge not lest ye be judged a nerd.
Old 07-16-2016, 02:13 AM
Banned

Its hard enough to start on this server when its so old people have millions of platinum and items that do not drop anymore. Then they also have to rub it in your face that they are also above the rules.

I guess its fine to cheat too if you have enough friends.
Old 07-16-2016, 02:42 AM
Banned

Lots of ppl box on P99. What a shocking revelation.
Old 07-16-2016, 02:48 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why is it that whenever I struggled with moving loot, or dealing with merchants who wouldnt sell, I never considered just making a mule, getting an ip exemption, then having it easy?

I've reported lots of times when I suspected dual boxing and I am not really sure if it ever gets enforced, or its just when people hop on for 20 seconds to transfer an item.

Today in Lfay, I watched for over an hour this situation of an iksar killing sisters, then trading spears to a completely idle gnome. eventually he would cast SOW on the gnome, then run him over to sell, while the shaman sat 100% idle.

I ran a char there who wasnt invis, and he logged the gnome out immediately, but it was back as soon as I returned on the invis char.

I dont get it

Alright, forgot it, its just something that gets enforced right? Its not like someone trains entire zones while someone is standing there idle, then the high level char goes idle while the lower level kills everything, with identical names

Why do I even try to play when I know people are cheating, literally cheating and getting away with it?

It really gets under my skin.
That second picture - LOL. Doxx, the owner of Doxxe and Doxe, routinely has his alt cleric, Doxe, and his porter, Doxxe, logged in by others to accomplish situational tasks.

....not that this picture was taken ~8 months ago, since he's still rocking the <Asgard> tag, his alt cleric is not even in Plane of Hate gear, and his wizard doesn't have a Staff of the Silent Star that he acquired back in January.

This is certainly not boxing.
Old 07-16-2016, 02:49 AM
Banned

I was shocked, because its supposed to be bannable, reading the horror stories of people quitting after losing their accounts and how not to break the rules.

Im beginning to think p99 isnt very legit after all with how much ive seen
Old 07-16-2016, 02:55 AM
Planar Protector

So because you think it's boxing, that means it is? Maybe it was looked into and was discovered to not be boxing?
Old 07-16-2016, 03:37 AM
Sarnak

I saw this exact gnome/iksar duo in lfay about 1-2 hours before my reply. Was wondering wtf was going on.
Old 07-16-2016, 06:59 AM
Kobold

That Doxx guy up to no good... Sitting on Mod Rods and shit!
Closed Thread