Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 07:12 AM
Fire Giant

Play what you want to look at.

Nothing else matters.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:48 AM
Kobold

Play what you like. The difference is not that big, especially not at 60 with Torpor.
I wouldn't want to miss out on Troll regen or snare neck while levelling since it is simply more fun even if it takes longer cause of exp penalty.
Had to play Barbarian on live cause of team pvp and survived that too, but I like my Troll more. It all comes down to personal preference imo.

Vallon Zek (1999-2003) <Boten der Apokalypse, House T'Sai, Innoruuk's Legion, Orden des Lichts, Ancient Orden, Ancient Dawn>
[65 Barb SHM] Stear | [54 DE CLR] Palanthas
Old 01-22-2019, 10:24 AM
Aviak

Thanks for the great responses all!

I did try rolling up a troll shaman initially, and couldn't even get him out of Grobb before deleting him. Their character models and run animations just don't appeal to me (same with ogres). Iksar look okay (2h swings animations and boring armor notwithstanding), but all my favorite zones are on Antonica and their faction issues are a problem for me.

So, I think fashion/faction concerns forced my hand toward Barbarian regardless of any end game pros or cons. Based on your replies (especially Loramin, A+ post), I'm feeling a lot better about my end game prospects. I'll rock this bear skin helmet with pride.

Cheers!
Old 01-22-2019, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Look in the technical section of the forum, there is a fix for iksar 2hs/bow animations.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

Fungi helps mitigate the difference but fungi can be used on ANY race so it's a moot point.

At 60 with torpor; it matters not. Some of the best shaman solos on this server were barbarians. Torpor changes everything.

Prior to 60 AND torpor, it's pretty huge.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-22-2019, 12:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Play what you want to look at.
DAT CRACK...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-22-2019, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

The polar bear helmet clearly puts Barbarian shamans #1. If you are a shaman and not wearing a polar bear helmet then I spit in your general direction. If I ever make a shaman it will most certainly be a Barbarian.

I have a 58 SK DE that I have absolutely 0 regrets about making a dark elf because the fashion is 1000x better. The char would already have maxed str and stam if I had rolled one of the big races, but in the end my SK will be just as powerful and much prettier.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 01-22-2019, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The polar bear helmet clearly puts Barbarian shamans #1. If you are a shaman and not wearing a polar bear helmet then I spit in your general direction. If I ever make a shaman it will most certainly be a Barbarian.

I have a 58 SK DE that I have absolutely 0 regrets about making a dark elf because the fashion is 1000x better. The char would already have maxed str and stam if I had rolled one of the big races, but in the end my SK will be just as powerful and much prettier.
You know what makes me sad when I roll fat races? How easy it is to get to max stats. Let's face it, most stats are mostly useless most of the time. Despite that, it is fun to raise them. Rolling fatty deprives you of that fun, because as soon as you get shaman buffed you're already maxed, so have fewer stat values left to chase.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's face it, most stats are mostly useless most of the time.
Be careful: saying that kind of thing will get you lynched in this forum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not quite, but you're close. Iksar/Troll regen at 60 = 18 (sitting) vs. Barb/Ogre regen at 60 = 6 (sitting), for a difference of 12 HP/tick. A whole fungi is a bit more (15 HP/tick), while half of one (7.5) is a fair bit less than the 12 HP/tick difference. But the real answer here is none of it matters once you get Torpor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I looked at the standing number. It was my understanding that 60 shamans only sit if they're lazy or some kind of gaming god who actually catches ticks sitting.

And yes, yes, "it is known, Khaleesi." It wouldnt be a race discussion thread if someone didn't parrot the "common knowledge" about how regen doesn't matter if you have torpor. I'm still waiting to see someone actually explain why this is correct though. As I understand it, a 60 sham isn't going to be sitting at 100% hp hardly ever, especially not on non-trivial content, and therefore that regen is helping most all the time even if the amount pales relative to the healing from torpor.
Closed Thread