Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2021, 04:13 AM
Kobold

Default Druids and dungeons

Hello everyone,

I am playing a druid casually and was wondering how well they fare in dungeon crawling solo? I am referring to the average dungeon, not the few "outdoor" type dungeons where I can use harmony.

Will I be able to solo high level dungeons on my own such as Sebilis and others? Thank you
Old 11-18-2021, 08:49 AM
Planar Protector

It's unlikely. I don't think I've ever seen a druid successfully solo in places like Sebilis or Chardok or Charasis. Outdoor zones are your forte and even then it can be difficult when fighting a high level wizard or caster.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 11-18-2021, 10:47 AM
Orc

with faction could probably kill some things in chardok using charm. have seen druids in zone before, not super familiar with their strategies. (I mean beyond the ent. druids also solo the ent/ce for xp a lot. but with faction, could prob kill some of the named.)

druids can also solo mermaids/seahorses in siren's grotto. usually at east temple.
Last edited by Gorbok; 11-18-2021 at 10:52 AM.. Reason: clarifiying
Old 11-18-2021, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

I solo'd a lot in Chardok on my druid before heading to bear pits in Permafrost for better xp.

You aren't going to do a lot of crawling, but there are areas you can certainly charm solo at. What happens sometimes in Chardok and other zones where there is a mix of mob types is RNG bites you in the ass and you simply run out of animals to charm. So you have to slowly root / dot until another one spawns.

I've seen 60 druids farm SG. Can also do Kedge.

While leveling Cazic Thule gators is another fantastic one. Amazing ZEM.
Last edited by Toxigen; 11-18-2021 at 11:22 AM..
Old 11-18-2021, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

All good points. I stand corrected.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 11-18-2021, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

If you have your epic you can also slowly root rot geonids in WL in your upper 50s. I don't have a lot of experience with it...but you could potentially go find a panther (or raptor?) outside the cave to throw at 'em too. Haste, DS, and just send it in as cannon fodder.

But yeah, I found Chardok to be a nice blend of XP and money. It was tough at 50, but by 52 it goes much smoother w/ charm duration and getting Call of Karana. Bind outside the entrance. You'll also get a lot of drive-by C2s from farming enchanters.

Keep an eye on /who all shaman and enchanter, they make excellent partners as your charmed dogs will go much much further against slowed mobs. Malo or tash and backup heals or stuns mean you can use your pet haste spell AND not have to worry about breaking the charm pet before the target dies. In a duo (or any size group for that matter), pets will not steal 50% of the XP no matter how much damage they do.

Ideally you want your charmed dogs fighting sarnaks and NOT other dogs. This will greatly reduce the chance of you running out of charm pets.

Snare earring, DS gloves, DoT bracer, and velious BP regen clicks strongly recommend, if not essential. Epic also highly recommended of course.

If you get a really good handle on the mechanics and for the zone, you could possibly farm Observer Aq'touz at 58/59...but you'll probably wind up doing what every other druid does and go bind in bear pits and just get to 60 on the best XP in the game.

OP, what level is your druid currently?
Last edited by Toxigen; 11-18-2021 at 01:42 PM..
Old 11-18-2021, 01:25 PM
Banned

solo bear pits

thank me later
Old 11-18-2021, 01:55 PM
Orc

druid can also, with great difficulty and high risk of death, charm wolves and solo in kael arena/4-way. much easier with a small group, though.
Old 11-18-2021, 02:52 PM
Kobold

my druid is 48. I've been playing her off and on since march 2018....would get really bored by the class and just couldn't stick with it consistently, so I've been a bit slow (just feels like the firepower of the class is on the weak side). on the other hand, i do enjoy playing my paladin and ranger more, though rangers also have a problem dungeon crawling
Old 11-18-2021, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my druid is 48. I've been playing her off and on since march 2018....would get really bored by the class and just couldn't stick with it consistently, so I've been a bit slow (just feels like the firepower of the class is on the weak side). on the other hand, i do enjoy playing my paladin and ranger more, though rangers also have a problem dungeon crawling
You'll enjoy charming on the druid FAR more once you grind it out to 52. Call of Karana's cast time make charm breaks way easier to manage.

I recommend going to Emerald Jungle first. Hang around by the zone line to TT. Charm animals there...use all your tools and get used to the basic mechanics of breaking your pet before the target (or pet) dies, killing off the low mobs, etc.

At 49 you're probably ready for SolB. Charm bats and kill bugs. Again, you don't really want bats fighting bats unless you absolutely have to. You may be able to do this to 52.

At 52, head to Chardok. See my post above after that.

All that being said...mileage may vary based on how much gear you have. A quick rundown on what I feel are in order of priority / importance:

- A pair of +65hp rings, 2x Black Sapphire Electrum Earring, and a Black Sapphire Velium Necklace.
- Velious wrist Drones of Doom click (5k mq)
- Tunare DS gloves (free if you can just have a high level help you kill the priests in WL, then wait to loot a Vindi head...most groups killing Vindi will give it to you)
- Snare ear (400p, drops in Chardok off the first named)
- Velious BP regen click (20k)
- Epic (varies in price depending on how much you can get done yourself, but very MQ-able)
- Gazughi ring (instant pet break...you really dont need this....luxury item...I leveled my druid to 60 charming the entire way without one)

Lastly...you're a druid...don't be afraid to go pick someone up to gain a duo partner. It makes charming far, far easier.
Last edited by Toxigen; 11-18-2021 at 06:31 PM..
Closed Thread