Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 05:01 PM
Fire Giant

I don't care about Boutik's EC tactics. I just hate him for his crimes against the English language committed in these forums. Am I alone in this?
Old 02-06-2019, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonesler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unsubstantiated. Why do you expect people to listen to you if you don't give any legitimate reasons? I've had loads of interactions with Boutik. He's been very friendly. So he's a trading wizard and has a corner on the market and thus can control prices a lot... so what? Go cry about it elsewhere? I dunno...
If you've had loads of interactions with Boutik you're either buying from him (stupid) or selling to him (even more stupid).

He's not a trading wizard. He lowball offers people who are impatient to get out of EC and then sells the items for as much as he possibly can. This doesn't take skill, only copious amounts of time staring at the tunnel. He's not performing a service. All he's doing is making it more difficult for typical players, who spend far less time in EC, to find good deals on items, because the second someone shows up in EC and is willing to sell quickly/negotiate on price, Boutik buys the item up, making it unavailable for you when you show up in EC, unless you buy it from Boutik.

What does he do with all this plat, seeing as how he does not play the game? More than likely he RMT's, or will at some point in the future, like the majority of tunnel rats before him.
Old 02-06-2019, 05:22 PM
Banned

He provides a service that some of us use.. I'm not sure i've ever sold my items to him personally. But i've used similar folk like fleamarkit.. He advertises his buy outs. You know exactly the business he runs, and the prices you are going to get after he takes his cut. And im sure many folk other than myself take advantage of it..

I've never seen Boutik advertise his buy low sell high strategy. So folks get rubbed the wrong way once business begins, and next thing you know there is another thead about him. But you know what they say, any press is good press! And Boutik's name is surely out there!!
Old 02-06-2019, 05:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you've had loads of interactions with Boutik you're either buying from him (stupid) or selling to him (even more stupid).

He's not a trading wizard. He lowball offers people who are impatient to get out of EC and then sells the items for as much as he possibly can. This doesn't take skill, only copious amounts of time staring at the tunnel. He's not performing a service. All he's doing is making it more difficult for typical players, who spend far less time in EC, to find good deals on items, because the second someone shows up in EC and is willing to sell quickly/negotiate on price, Boutik buys the item up, making it unavailable for you when you show up in EC, unless you buy it from Boutik.

What does he do with all this plat, seeing as how he does not play the game? More than likely he RMT's, or will at some point in the future, like the majority of tunnel rats before him.
To sum up your post, "Blah, blah, blah. I'm really sad."

Seriously, move on.

Also, I've never bought nor sold anything to Boutik and yet have had lots of interaction with him. So, he's a human... weird.
Old 02-06-2019, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

I've bought and sold a bunch of items from/to Boutik. I don't care if I get 5k less than market value for a Bone-Clasped Girdle if it means I don't have to sit in the tunnel for a week trying to get top price. Believe it or a not tunnel resellers provide a service to both buyers and sellers. They help make items more easily available for buyers and help sellers not have to sit around in the tunnel for days/weeks/months on end to liquidate items they no longer need. In the time you spend sitting in the tunnel trying to find a better deal than the reseller prices or whining them on the forums you could have farmed the few k difference and been actually playing the game.

♦♦ Nikkanu (60 Dark Elf Cleric) ♦♦
♦♦ Psychoactive (60 Ogre Shaman) ♦♦
♦♦ Recycling (60 Iksar Necromancer) ♦♦
♦♦ Silentblade (60 Dwarf Rogue) ♦♦
♦♦ Yourack (60 Human Monk) ♦♦
♦♦ Bargains (EC Mule) ♦♦
Old 02-06-2019, 05:59 PM
Fire Giant

I don’t think it’s Boutiks selling tactics that get him a bad rep, it’s his attitude.
Old 02-06-2019, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkanu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've bought and sold a bunch of items from/to Boutik. I don't care if I get 5k less than market value for a Bone-Clasped Girdle if it means I don't have to sit in the tunnel for a week trying to get top price. Believe it or a not tunnel resellers provide a service to both buyers and sellers. They help make items more easily available for buyers and help sellers not have to sit around in the tunnel for days/weeks/months on end to liquidate items they no longer need. In the time you spend sitting in the tunnel trying to find a better deal than the reseller prices or whining them on the forums you could have farmed the few k difference and been actually playing the game.
Nobody is saying you have to spend a ton of time sitting around in the tunnel. It's typically sufficient to log in your mule for 5-10 mins at the beginning and end of your session. If you're not selling to a tunnel rat, you might have to do this for a few more days or weeks but you're ultimately not pissing away thousands of platinum out of impatience. Also don't forget about EC tunnel which costs no playtime.

And if you can so easily farm the 5k difference on your BCG then maybe your experience isn't generalizable to hundreds of other players who are scrimping for their first fungi tunic or CoF and aren't going to find one at a price other than the ceiling price.

Tunnel rats in general are tolerable and I don't really care what people do. It's Boutik specifically.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:48 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had a dude tell me he has a program that logs auctions and relays alerts to his phone when items are listed at a desirable price. Whether it is true or how you'd go about doing that, I wouldn't know, but I couldn't help but think how severely that impacts the overall EC experience.
A simple python script that monitors his log file while a toon sits AFK in EC can do it easily. This can all be handled on something as simple as a raspberry pi monitoring the log file over your network. All perfectly legal as far as server rules go too.
Old 02-07-2019, 05:58 AM
Kobold

I bet he has an IP exemption.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:36 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computer Man [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I bet he has an IP exemption.
Bought it with his gains from RMTing plat.
Closed Thread