Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 01-02-2023, 11:52 PM
Fire Giant

Default No-rent 30m cooldown

Can we port this non-classic goodie in to compensate for the non-classic crashes while zoning?

Terrifying sometimes to have a no-rent item just poof for a technical reason rather than a "did something stupid myself" reason. Perhaps in classic/kunark, our internet was eh, but in velious -- broadband enters!

...this would also make no-rent goodies more useful, like bags. Optionally can help out pets that are no-rent too: So tedious if a mage pet poofs that was all buffed and geared. Just since it's technical related most of the time. Is there really a downside to this that could be exploited?
Old 01-03-2023, 01:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief419 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we port this non-classic goodie in to compensate for the non-classic crashes while zoning?

Terrifying sometimes to have a no-rent item just poof for a technical reason rather than a "did something stupid myself" reason. Perhaps in classic/kunark, our internet was eh, but in velious -- broadband enters!

...this would also make no-rent goodies more useful, like bags. Optionally can help out pets that are no-rent too: So tedious if a mage pet poofs that was all buffed and geared. Just since it's technical related most of the time. Is there really a downside to this that could be exploited?
Not classic. What would this project become if the GMs implemented every shitty idea someone came up with?
Old 01-03-2023, 04:11 AM
Kobold

Do you even play, bro?

Not sure how long it takes you to get home from work when your game "crashes" when you "zone" but unless your drive is like 20 mins, you should have plenty of time to log back in before norent stuff poofs. (Hint: it doesn't poof immediately... the game holds onto your temporary items for maybe 15 mins as is.)

And not sure what you're referencing with "can help out pets that are no-rent too" but if you want pets to zone with you and persist on logging, then maybe you need to be playing a progression server on live. That feature couldn't be more non-classic or contrary to the spirit of p99.
Old 01-03-2023, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Did you ever sell that SMR on red that you were "brokering for a friend" OP?

Great excuse to overprice items [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-03-2023, 07:36 PM
Banned

lol no-rent pets wtf even is that?
Old 01-03-2023, 08:12 PM
Banned

Best change on live was no rent stuff turning into junk bags keeping their contents and not poofing.

Like 25 wt bags.
Old 01-10-2023, 08:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not classic. What would this project become if the GMs implemented every shitty idea someone came up with?
I gave a weighted axe to my pet last night and it poofed. Apparently it was intentionally removed. This server has a ton classic, but has a significant amount that also (intentionally) isn't.

Edit: but I didn't know no rent items are kept for 15m. Then we already have this?
Last edited by mischief419; 01-10-2023 at 08:33 PM..
Old 01-10-2023, 08:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you ever sell that SMR on red that you were "brokering for a friend" OP?

Great excuse to overprice items [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sold all my brokered items! If Red wasn't abandoned, I'd go back and sell you my prenerf OVPs for 10k over avg; and you'd gladly whip out your flowery coin purse <3
Old 01-11-2023, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best change on live was no rent stuff turning into junk bags keeping their contents and not poofing.

Like 25 wt bags.
It's interesting on how game design around lowering CSR load improves the players' experience too.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-11-2023, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief419 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sold all my brokered items! If Red wasn't abandoned, I'd go back and sell you my prenerf OVPs for 10k over avg; and you'd gladly whip out your flowery coin purse <3
Is there ever a time you didn't have a problem with the game/server?