Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Old 12-17-2023, 09:42 AM
Large Rat

Cool Setting affinity in shortcut not working with compatibility mode?

Hello. For Project1999 to run smoothly you need to do two things; run in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3, and have the game running with an affinity for a single processor core.

I've created a desktop shortcut which runs the game with an affinity for a single core which works fine, but when I set eqgame.exe to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3, it ignores the single core designation. It took me an hour of beating my head against the wall to figure out that this was the problem. When I disable the compatibility mode, it functions as expected, with the single core affinity. When I enable the compatibility mode, it no longer functions as expected.

I was wondering if anybody knew a way around this? I don't really want to manually set the processor affinity every single time I launch the game.

Thanks!
Old 12-17-2023, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Should only need to do one or the other? Compatibility to WinXP forces 1 core
Old 12-20-2023, 01:02 PM
Large Rat

When I check the processor affinity in my task manager, it has all of the cores selected. I also do have performance issues when running in XP SP3 mode.

I've been running without the compatibility mode for a couple of days and it's been okay going, though.