Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 05:10 AM
Aviak

Default Discord Topics

Just finished watching that 2 hour long video about discord and somewhere within the video someone mentioned they would rather hear player opinions and discussions rather than polls. Sorry I can't put voices to names yet.

Noobie Spawn Locations
Randomizing noobie spawn locations might work. Other ideas might be , enable pvp at level 2, this allows for players to get distance and orient themselves. Or be invulnerable for 1 min after spawning.

Drops System
All items loot able. That reminds of of playing Diablo 2 hardcore mode used to be.

Point System/ Rewards
Maybe instead of thinking about 1 type of winner maybe there are 2 or more. These are just ideas.

Examples

"The Champion of Discord" title is awarded to the player who has an all around best averaged variables for..
player kills
best kill streak
player kill points

While there are people who are good at killing there are also people who are good at staying alive
"The Surived Discord" title , here are some ideas of variables that would make up the sum that would determine who was the best overall survivor.
death count
time played
highest level
named monsters slain

I think if you gave this idea a shot you would actually bring in a whole lot of other players who would normally ignore this whole discord thing. The survival players, the game mode dost have to all be about killing other players, that's kinda the way the you-tube discussion felt to me(just an opinion). There are more players on pvp servers who have mastered the art of egress than their are pkers. Probably because pvp wasn't balanced you had to pick and choose your fights.

Also in SoL on pvp servers they had a leader board system, if you feel lazy you could just use that if you can somehow get it into classic.

Spells

Charm, Fear and Blind are all some of the best parts about classic EQ pvp. Nothing like dieing to the group rogue.. ~.~

Experience Points

500% seems like alot. even at normal experience rate you could barely afford to buy all your spells every 4 levels. at 500% speed.. your really going to have to pick and choose what you can afford to buy. Your going to see level 20 warriors get raped trying to fight in cloth at higher levels your going to level so fast it might actually hurt you.

Group XP

I vote no bonus for group xp. The benefit of soloing is leveling with haste, the benefit of grouping is safety. I'm an old Tallon Zek player and back in the day items mattered more then levels. A level 8 rog could land max melee dmg on a wizard that was lvl 16 because wizard in general wizards had terrible armor class. Just the same a level 12 druid could land a root on someone who was many levels higher than him. Landing spells and melee hits had more to do with resistances and armor class than levels.
I played red for only a brief time and am unable to tell you if the pvp system implemented in red99 is similar to classic. To recap a level 30 wizard could not run in and slaughter an entire group of level 12's. Groups are slow and steady but safe.

Corpse Rot

I'd personally favor higher level corpse rotting over a period of 2 days. Classic traveling with no jboots or is rough. I think if a human monk died at the ent of seb, and he actually made it back to his corpse at level one. That in it's self deserves a reward but I know it's going to take more than 30 mins to run back there safely. I don't think catching a port is going to be very easy if at all viable. I played a druid on a pvp server if someone asked me for a port it went like this first med to full, buff self, med to full, port, med to full, buff friend, med to full, port. That normally took over 30 mins alone. You didn't risk porting just to be caught buffless and oom. 30 mins is just to little time to me. It takes away the hope of people even trying to recover their corpse.

Guards
On classic teams guards were called into action upon any player being hit, but they assisted the player who had the higher faction. It wasn't uncommon to see dwarfs having a higher faction in felwithe than noobie wood elves. All they had to do was turn in like a butt load of bat wings or something stupid. (you could also get non-kos to the cb orcs)

my two cents on other topics

How many winners there are should be based on a percentage. like 1% i think percentages are always a safe bet when deciding how many people should be rewarded.

If you want players to stick around on the server i'd change the loot decisions slightly. Losing your levels, spells and gear is down right heart breaking in a game like EQ. (I played hardcore on Diablo 2 and 3, those games are cake walk compared to EQ) I think people forget how hard getting a set of chain mail is when everyone has nothing and how easy it is to die. 'that griffon in EC .. is a down right psychopath"

Did they ever change it so pets worked the same way they did in classic? Where pets could tank because that would make a huge difference in the game play. NPCs used to attack the nearest player or pet, not always just the player.

Anyhow spent a good amount of time typing this up I hope it helps you create an awesome server. If you like my input and want to ask more questions go for it. I spent tons of time playing hc games and classic eq pvp.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:50 AM
Kobold

Can't attack in newbie zones until after they reach level 6, outside newbie zones is free for all any level. With a 20 level gap being maximum.

Full corpse loot can be done, it's discord it is meant to be heartbreaking but that is why we have 500% bonus experience, you can get back to level 6 again and start beating on every one you see. Maybe banked items are kept over. Guards attack an attacking player makes perfect sense. It's gives some people a safe haven untill they are high enough to move to another part of the world.
Just a few ways I would like the server to go.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:09 AM
Banned

I would like to camp the starting point for noobs . That's how I want this server to be
Old 09-25-2015, 07:17 AM
Fire Giant

thats because ure an awesome person, an awesome player and u enjoy feeling the skill flow thru ur hotkeys.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyGlue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would like to camp the starting point for noobs . That's how I want this server to be
Old 09-25-2015, 07:23 AM
Fire Giant

Some good ideas in this thread
Old 09-25-2015, 08:56 AM
Banned

make sure you enable pvp at level 1 in all zones.

dont need people rmt'ing on level ones
Old 09-25-2015, 12:06 PM
Banned

^ B B B B Bannedddddd
Old 09-25-2015, 12:25 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

All lv 1 better be kilt..

500% exp is lame ass shit and will result in lv 20 in one day.

My 3 war 1 bard 1 wiz 1 ranger team is gonna fuck you
Old 09-25-2015, 01:33 PM
Banned

Thinking of quitting my job and making a human caster named Priest so I can win the 'of Discord' Title.
Closed Thread