Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-06-2018, 02:47 PM
Banned

Exclamation Ring 8 NPC Despawning

So it is well known that you are able to skip the Ring 8 War entirely by invissing in and turning this war into an assassination on the rygorr chief then invissing out like james bond and turning the head into him after he says "FALL OUT TROOPS" for the 2nd time or most people wait til he says " CHARGE!!!! " without him having to send in his battalion of green cons to fight the db cons. Good job 007. You just prevented a war!
Basically yeah its nice to skip the war entirely and the risk of the turn in guy dying ( this causes an instant fail where you must start over from the beginning ).

Well.. Lets say you take too long or just wanna do the quest how its intended to be done like a true classic player would do it and fight it out.
So great.. dwarves army is dead, the ninja assassins are fending off giants trying to kill Garadin and you running around with an orc head in your hands that you can't turn in because Garadin cant multi task and grab a head and fight at the same time so.. You just start killing off more giants.. Garadin eventually will miss his what.. Cousin or nephew? The hunter guy with the broken axe ( Ring 2 ) and commit article 86 ( unauthorized absence ) and just flee the battle field.. instantly... While theres still giants up..

All theatrics aside. If you try to do the war as it was intended he will despawn and you WILL lose your ring and be stuck with a head in your pack til you can win against the guilds/groups that come out to increase their chance of beating your roll with more people even though they aren't even doing the quest themselves. ( okay maybe this is starting to sound a little personal )

Anyways Maybe im wrong? Maybe the war was never meant to be fought and the dialogue should say " 007 , you know what to do "
Old 04-10-2018, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

The 8th ring war was definitely meant to be a large-scale event with an entire raid of players fighting the Ry`Gorr orcs alongside the Coldain, but I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here. Garadain will despawn at some point in the middle of the battle?
Old 04-10-2018, 12:56 PM
Fire Giant

I think what he's saying is that unless you take bring a raid force, Garadain WILL get killed by the orcs.

I know the wiki says you can small man group it but like OP is saying, you have to invis past the orcs, kill the Chief (and subsequently one of his buddies), invis through the orcs again AND turn in the head to Garadain.

Problem with that is you have a small window of time to complete that. I play on red, so I tried to kill chief on my druid and guildie monk. We were able to kill the chief, but Garadain was long dead before I could turn in the head.

Unfortunately like Paul is saying, ring 8 is supposed to be completed with a big crew. Point of the quest is to kill the Chief AND keep Garadain alive.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:52 AM
Sarnak

U can solo the ring 8 easily and wen Log an alt to loot head and turn in before he says charge if you know what your doing, I sell the mqs all the time
Old 04-15-2018, 09:57 PM
Banned

No.. what i was saying was.... He despawns.. (will die if u dont protect him) but will despawn half way through the war b4 all the orcs/giants are killed.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:58 PM
Banned

I soloed it by just skipping the war entirely the week after he despawned on me the first time ( prob bout 3 minutes into the war ).
Old 04-17-2018, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

That sounds like a buggy script then. Although, keep in mind Garadain v1.0 is supposed to despawn and instantly respawn as Garadain v2.0 at the charge call, and then only v2.0 will engage in battle and accept Chief Ry`Gorr's head. So if you have Garadain v1.0 targeted and you're elsewhere in the zone, it will look like he despawns because you'll suddenly lose that target, but then the new Garadain will be in his place. Just want to make sure it's actually v2.0 that's despawning - e.g. you had sights on him and saw him depop without being killed.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 04-17-2018 at 01:35 PM..
Old 04-18-2018, 03:48 PM
Banned

Wasnt the case. heh
Old 04-25-2018, 09:49 AM
Skeleton

It sounds like this might be related to the fact that the despawn timer does not pause while a mob is engaged in combat. How long was he alive before he despawned?

Example (p99 wiki): https://wiki.project1999.com/Coldain_Ring_Quests
Quote:
While you are killing the kodiak, Boridain will attack any nearby orcs, but this does not reset his despawn timer. So, once the orc is killed, Boridain is likely to immediately despawn.
I don't know if this behavior is classic.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:58 AM
Planar Protector

This is a tough thing to troubleshoot because even the guides just tell you to sneak in, snipe the Chief, and then turn in the head before the battle starts.

From http://keepersoftheglade.com/forum/t...st-guide-1-10/:

Quote:
Your target is the Chief so drop him as quickly as possible, and loot his head when he's dead. As soon as whatever you pulled is dead (hopefully just the Chief) and you have the head, everyone needs to have invis and run completely outside of the fort. You will run to the hill outside of the fort where groups camp orcs for exp. On this hill, you should see an army of Coldain preparing for the war. If they're not there yet, wait a minute and they will run up and stop there. A minute after the Coldain army arrives, Garadain will walk up to the army and stop there to give them a pep talk. A bit after that, he shouts, 'CHARGE!'
As soon as he does this, give Garadain the Chief's head to receive your Velium Coldain Insignia Ring. You can actually give him the head before he shouts CHARGE, but if you wait, the Coldain will charge the fort. As you can see you need to kill the Chief as fast as possible because if you take too long, the Coldain will charge the fort and get wiped out. If Garadain dies, all is lost and you must start from ring one.
From http://www.guildseofon.com/coldain.html#eight:

Quote:
Once you give Garadain your ring, you must kill Chief Ry'Gorr, loot his head, and give the head to Garadain. Ry'gorr only has a head during this event.

Best way to do this, is have a 60+ stand invis in front of fort when orders are handed in. When that happens, entire fort despawns, wait 30 seconds, and 2 giants and 3 orcs spawn in yard. Immediately agro chief (center mob) by range attack. Pull him out, I usually take him just NE of fort, far enough away not to agro any other of the mobs in front of fort. Kill Chief and loot head. You must pull him immediately because there is only a small delay from his spawn and the many orcs that spawn at gate. Now you can either wait until Garadain orders a ?charge? or hand in right away. I will usually wait until charge, just so that all the Giants/Rygorr/Coldain kill each other off, so that a Lvl 30 won?t get a rude surprise running past fort. If you do hand in right away, you can also just pull sections of Rygorr/Giants to the Coldain and systematically wipe them out that way.
An unrelated point: you should be able to turn in the head to Garadain even before the charge call, after the event is triggered - this suggests Garadain v2.0 spawns when the event is triggered, though I'm not sure if that's how it currently works on P99. Upon receipt of the head before the charge call, the Coldain army should despawn instead of engaging the Ry`Gorr.

On the despawning issue - I really think you should be able to accompany Garadain throughout the entirety of the war after the charge and have plenty of time to turn in the Chief's head, even though that was probably rarely done during this era. Not sure how to accomplish that though - maybe there's a way to keep him from despawning until some amount of time after all the event-specific orcs are killed/despawned, assuming he's kept alive.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 04-26-2018 at 01:05 AM..