Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Everyone having the problem should also rule-out Wi-Fi networking. Try good old fashioned ethernet cabling. Wi-Fi is historically unreliable for gaming (and nobody used it in 1999 anyway). Simplify your network. Main-line it from the wall if you have to.

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Last edited by maximum; 04-17-2013 at 08:49 PM.. Reason: simplify
Old 05-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Aviak

I've just recently experienced this problem in TT only. I can't cast any spells, my friends list don't work, apparently I can send a tell and that person receives it, but I can't receive any. The other day I was able to run thought swamp zone line without zoning and run all the way past to the edge of the waterfall while still in TT. I've tried /camp and /q numerous times and keep coming back to the same problems. This is very frustrating.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:58 AM
Aviak

Have the same issue.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:06 AM
Aviak

having same issue here. From australia, have done *everything* suggested in every threat, nothing works.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:19 AM
Aviak

Same here and I'm in Oz also. But there seems to be a number of players from the US that have had the same issue, so local may not be the problem.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

not sure what it is but my piece of shit comp has zero problems in TT

HOWEVER ive lately been playing on my laptop which runs eq better except for TT. my bard is unable to play songs, track broke, /who broke, global ooc and all messaging broke. sooo later ill try to figure out why one comp has no probs in TT and one does. they are on same connection so you can rule that out. both are windows 7 so i dont think its OS either.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:02 PM
Project Manager

Still have never experienced this issue.

As mentioned early in thread, afflicted people.. try lowering your FPS in game to 60. This has resolved various in game issues.

alt+o , display, max frames per second slide bar. Let us know how it goes.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:10 PM
Banned

I realize my issue is quite a bit different than the ones listed here, but i also have an odd experience with just this zone.

I only have issues the first few seconds upon zoning in from EJ and then again a little bit running through the river tunnel from Swamp out into TT. It is almost as if there is a lag barrier right when i initially zone in from EJ that i can run out of and then again run in/out of swamp side. It doesn't last long and once through it i can run around the same area with no further issues. This started happening earlier this year and has continued since without any changes on any of my machines.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:19 PM
Fire Giant

Ok i will post my experience about TT. I have tested every solution ever posted:

- Different PCs
- Files Swap.
- Graphics configs
- Wineq2
- Compability to Windows XP SP 2

NONE OF THOSE ABOVE CHANGED MY ABILITY TO BEING ABLE TO STAY IN TRAKANONS TEETH.

I have only found one answer, PING.

I am european as i live in Spain, Madrid. Connecting from my home i get like 240-280 PING(IF SERVER NOT OVERLOADED with 600+) if thats true it keeps at 350-450 PING and for TT sync thats like a 101% chance to get desynced and disconnected in a few mins or ghost walk. 11 of 10 tries will get me disconnected, fact.

Once i connected from work, different internet provider my ping ranges 160-180, and zoning in TT sync has like 30% chance of disconnect, 2 out of 3 tries i made in without disconnects, even tho 1 time i still got disconnected.

Bottom line: the best ping connection to the server will get you:
- FASTER ZONING, yeah i mean it, my NASA pc loses to my work PC.
- BEING ABLE TO STAY AND ZONE IN TRAKANONS TEETH, still not 100% in my case.
- BETTER SYNC WITH GAME, walking and meleeing a mob etc.

How to get better connection?
- Change internet Provider
- Boost Server, as the more players around the bigger lag can get.
- Who knows, better tracert route?

PS: i do use windows 7 64 bits, 10 mb dsl, sad tracert with server as my ping is as stated above.
PS2: Should make a stick about it.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:13 AM
Aviak

Update.
I adjusted my FPS to 60 as suggested. After reading the last few posts with interest I kept a watch on the ping. Zoned from EJ to TT and the ping went 420,560,6150 while the percentage flickered between 100%/99.99% rapidly. Went LD and started again. Second time I zoned to TT ping was 317,358,5266 and % was steady at 97.79%. I ran for the EJ zone. This was in less than 30 secs from zoning to TT and managed to zone to EJ. Please post any other issues with TT. This is beginning to be a very real problem for my very impatient Drood.
Closed Thread