Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 11:05 PM
Orc

my iksar necro is warmly with the guards and indifferent to the banker in Kaladim from killing orcs in gfay/cb up to lvl 14 or so. the only NPC you have to watch out for in Kaladim is a wood elf to the left of the opening gate... but if you zone to North Kaladim by going right and then zone back to South from the bank, you can reach the CB belt turn-in guy with no trouble.

i would highly recommend getting a port from kunark (beg or pay someone on your main to pickup.. i ran my iksar to DL outside the yeti cave), as my iksar was kos to everyone on the docks in the OT (live & undead).

good luck leveling your iksar in the old world.. it's not as much of a pain as you might think.
Last edited by Ashane; 04-28-2011 at 11:07 PM.. Reason: gave necro advice for a monk.. oops!
Old 04-28-2011, 11:52 PM
Kobold

My Iksar Necro is apprehensive with the guards and merchants outside of Oggok, without having done any faction work. Not sure if monks would be too.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:04 AM
Kobold

Making a monk, right? Sneak to merchants and once you get FD at 17 you can FD at banks. Sell everything and buyback gems to use as currency. You probably won't need to bank too much early on. Have a blast, monks are a lot of fun.
Chimeran - 36 DE Enchanter
<The Mystical Order>
Old 04-29-2011, 02:08 AM
Fire Giant

Get non-kos with dwarf guards (fairly easy to do) and then buy a bunch of cb belts, get an invis and turn in those belts (drop invis before you do, the turn-in NPC is on dwarf guard faction).

That should make you able to bank, I think. Con the banker first to be safe.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippetofspades [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My Iksar Necro is apprehensive with the guards and merchants outside of Oggok, without having done any faction work. Not sure if monks would be too.
That seems a tad odd... but then again I can't remember for the life of me how my iksar necro factions were way back then.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Kobold

Cool

Well, after researching the game mechanics a bit more I'm going to have to pass on the Iksar Monk.

I had NO IDEA the experience penalties effect the whole group. Whoaaa. Glad no one knew about that back when I played my Paladin on live. Not to mention -20% experience is just too harsh for me personally to handle. At least I can rule out bard as a possibility also (was a close second choice for class).

Man, that makes me feel bad about holding back my non-hybrid buddies back in 99 that I grouped with everyday. Wow. Not ranting, just honestly shocked. Poor Troll/Iksar Shadowknights, holy s---!

Anyway, I'm sincerely grateful for the information. Maybe it will help someone else who wants to visit the old world as a Iksar.
Last edited by Numbers_; 05-13-2011 at 08:00 AM..
Old 04-29-2011, 03:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, after researching the game mechanics a bit more I'm going to have to pass on the Iksar Monk.

I had NO IDEA the experience penalties effect the whole group. Whoaaa. Glad no one knew about that back when I played my Paladin on live. Not to mention -20% experience is just too harsh for me personally to handle. At least I can rule out bard as a possibility also (was a close second choice for class).
Nobody is going to not take a monk in their group because it's an iksar. They'd rather have an iksar monk killing things fast than a high elf wizard sitting on his butt casting once a mob.

And don't worry about a silly 20% penalty. It's not a race to the finish line, and besides that, once you get to max level, you'll have an iksar monk with regen and innate AC instead of a human monk.

Do what you want, but don't let the exp penalty scare you off. It's not like it will take you twice as long.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:52 PM
Kobold

Cool

Good point about the "journey not the destination". Solo wise, the regen might make up for some of the loss with decreased downtime.

I'm having a lot of trouble leaving kunark though. I can't seem to find anyone to port me over. I tried to walk, but got lost and barely made it back alive. Red con mobs everywhere!

If anyone is bored tonight and doesn't mind porting me over and binding me, I would be grateful. I'll throw in some plat if you want. I have 20pp I would be willing to part with thanks to selling bone chips.
Last edited by Numbers_; 05-13-2011 at 07:59 AM..
Old 04-29-2011, 05:18 PM
Aviak

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph...perience_Works

Read this and you'll see that experience penalties being shared with the group is not as big a deal as you seem to think it is.
Closed Thread