Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-08-2020, 01:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Thank you for compiling the downloads. And thank you to the designer for your hard work. Now if we just get out HD water and sky we'll be golden for years to come!
For anyone interested in water/sky, please +1 this:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...=139469&page=3

We're also still waiting on fixes for the opaque trees and kelethin bridges ~ The revamp artist seemed to have gone AWAL
Old 01-15-2020, 01:14 PM
Aviak

Okay, I've spent the past 3 nights learning to use both S3Dspy and EQzip. I've had tons of issues but I've seem to work them out.

My main goal was to fix Greater Faydark up-scales that were presented here. There were tons of reworks that we'rent pulled from the Highres_s3d files. And, the issues with Kelethin Bridges really bothered me.

So I used the work that is done here and followed suit and fixed GFay. All I learned was that EQzip doesn't seem to like to put DDS correctly back into s3d without in game opaque issues. I do plan on trying to repair and update things that were following this posts directions.

I present Greater Faydark fixes only Gigpixle upscaled x4 from the Highres_s3d

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/512e8q693...XTFzm_vca?dl=0
Old 01-16-2020, 09:58 AM
Aviak

I fixed the slap job for Felwithea, I'm working on B and will continue to fix whatever isn't within this post' parameters.

All my updates will be found at this link from now on

Hires Upscaled via Gigapixle
Last edited by Quylein; 01-16-2020 at 10:03 AM..
Old 01-16-2020, 11:21 PM
Orc

Thanks Quylein, glad to see someone is still working on this.
Maybe someone will get the rest of the Kunark/Velious textures for those of us still on Blue =)

There is another project that is upscaling original textures rather than the highres pack, but I prefer the look of these. That one does have a rather detailed description (all but the transparencies), and has some ideas on process improvement (see wishlist section) that might assist in your process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quylein [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I fixed the slap job for Felwithea, I'm working on B and will continue to fix whatever isn't within this post' parameters.

All my updates will be found at this link from now on

Hires Upscaled via Gigapixle
Old 01-16-2020, 11:48 PM
Aviak

I plan on fixing all the issues here for OG content first, Sir J here upscale using Waifu or something IDK. But not Gigapixel and there are tons of problems. I'll be done with Faydwere today if all goes well.

Antonica, Erud, then Kunark are on my hit list by End of month. We'll see about Velious as this project takes dedication but I plan on doing all of them from Highres to Gigpixel 4x.

Checked out that project, it's basically the same process but he uses a few different ways to exchange png to dds, i use xconvert and haven't lost a transparency yet. Also i used that download earlier and most of that upscale is messed with by something other then just Gigapixel it looks almost cartoony. I'm attempting to keep things original.

As you can see Gfays bridge. I up scaled it x4 then x6, then used Gimp to fix the edge issues while maintaining transparency. Then i rescaled it down back to 1024x1024 changed back to DDS then uploaded. I did redo the whole Gfay file that was loaded here earlier as it was garbage by the highres standard (IMHO).
UPDATED Gigapixel Zones
Last edited by Quylein; 01-17-2020 at 12:06 AM..
Old 01-16-2020, 11:56 PM
Orc

I wish I had your patience when it came to these sort of things =)

Yeah, the look is why I wanted to go with this, I like the sharper feel. Even with all my driver tweaks the other one just didn't get the detail levels that this does. Glad to see you found a good way to not have issues with the transparencies, just keep an eye for the odd ones that require the multi levels of alpha.

A month sounds very ambitious, I definitely look forward to more of yours, though I mostly play even characters so it might be a before I get to see many of them. EC would be a good place to showcase though, in addition to the zones that others listed as problematic with the other method.
Old 01-17-2020, 12:23 AM
Aviak

Working on Mistmoore and steamfont, Crushbone then unrest today. Might get to Antonica zones tomorrow. I've yet to see anything in Gimp that has more then one transparency. But I'll keep an eye out. I've been testing all my zones before i post, I don't go every where but if there are issues I'll fix them if someone posts it here.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:50 AM
Orc

Thumbs up

Checked your link and saw you got to freeport, looks more detailed than Psycher's freeport done a while back. Looking forward to a fully upscaled Norrath down the road =)

You may want to start your own thread so as to not completely hijack this one as well, incase they come back to finish theirs.
Old 01-19-2020, 11:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbelyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is another project that is upscaling original textures rather than the highres pack, but I prefer the look of these
I tried both: I 100% like this project better. The old textures upscaled in the other project just look like cell-shaded camouflage patterns. A bit boring, and not matching the style of everything else.
Old 01-20-2020, 12:16 AM
Aviak

I'm doing it all like that. I did use some older files in lowres then upscale where it looked more natural.

This project is fun and I'm glad you like the work. I spent 3 days on Gfay and 3 on Freeport just to get them as perfect as I could.

Working on neriak now and it's a pita because there is a file threshold in each zone. And some files in both low and highres don't look right.